Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo free & easy 2014/8/12 10:04
Hi, I will be going to tokyo in mid November for 10 days with a total of 12 people including kids.
My plans will be as followed:
1) Ueno
2) Hakone & Yunessun
3) Yokohama
4) Disneysea
5) Mother farm Chiba
6) Asakusa/ Odaiba
7) Komatsuzawa leisure farm
8) Train museum Saitama
9) Harajuku/Shibuya
10) Edo wonderland & Tobu world sq.

Which places should I go in orders?
For Hakone & yokohama, we will be spending a night before proceeding to other place the next day.

How do I book the soba making class in Komatsuzawa?

I would be interested if there's any sumo stable around in any of this areas where I can visit in the month.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated

Nazmira
by Nazmira (guest)  

Re: Tokyo free & easy 2014/8/12 13:01
Try to do Disney and daytrips outside of Tokyo on weekdays to avoid crowds.
by squishybabe rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo free & easy 2014/8/12 14:18
This will be my plan.
I land in Sun morning at 10.40am
We will gather at 12pm to Ueno & have lunch there.
Sun-Ueno- Zoo, Ameyoko, Kaneji shrine & do we have time to go to Asakusa from here?
Mon-Hakone/Yunessun
Tues - Yokohama
Wed- Disneysea
Thurs- Komatsuzawa leisure farm
Fri- Mother farm Chiba
Sat- Train museum Saitama/ Odaiba
Sun- Harajuku/Shibuya
Mon- Edo wonderland & Tobu world sq
Tues- Sumo stable ( if anyone can recommend me)

I've visited Tokyo last Nov but realised that I have many places that I missed out.
This time I'm bringing students & young kids in hope to promote Japan & experience the nice culture.
by Nazmira (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo free & easy 2014/8/12 14:59
Wow! 10 days. It`s a good duration.
Also mid-November is maple season at Tokyo area
You will be able to find beautiful viewing of many place around Tokyo.

1, Soba making class booking page (only JP)
https://www.yoyakunavi.jp/navi/a003.do

2, I recommend you the place below.
Tues - Yokohama + "Kamakura"
Sun- Harajuku/Shibuya + "Skytree" or "Tokyo tower"

I used to refer the itinerary site below.
http://www.gojapango.com/travel/japan_itinerary.htm
http://visitjapaninfo.weebly.com/
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400.html
by Mr Bobee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo free & easy 2014/8/12 15:02
If you're travelling with children, Disneyland is probably a better choice than DisneySea. DisneySea is more grown-up, with lots of restaurants and entertainment rather than rides, while Disneyland is your traditional Disney theme park with the most famous rides.
Definitely get to Disney early (i.e., before the park opens); it's busy even on weekdays. Get FastPasses for the rides you want to do the most first because they sell out fast! Make sure you check your dates to make sure there's no public holidays anywhere that could mean more crowds! And
by squishybabe rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo free & easy 2014/8/12 23:46
I like both Disneyland and DisneySea. Disneyland has more rides for Kids and (I believe), more parades, but DisneySea is more unique since it is the only one in the world, it might be more of a once in a lifetime opportunity for the kids to remember. Do both in two days if you have the extra time and money! It seems to me that there is more walking from section to section at DisneySea and easier to get lost, so be warned.
If you go to DisneySea, I would recommend you rush to get fast passes to Toy Story Mania as those lines seem to be the worst. When I was there last year, I did not get a fast pass in time and the lines were 2 to 3 hours long. Look for reviews on the web to see if that is your cup of tea. I like the Jules Verne oriented section with two unique rides there. And for younger children and adults who still like fantasy, the Aladdin ride is fantastic and usually less crowded. I like that ride much better than It's A Small World in Disneyland.
Whatever you decide, have a great trip to Japan! I am going again in October.
by 56Premiere rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo free & easy 2014/8/13 10:25
The last time I've been to both Disneys but prefer Disneysea better.
With the students that coming along this time & on budget. I think, I will just go with Disneysea.

Going to Hakone, I'am purchasing the Hakone free pass but not sure how can I go to either Kamakura or Yokohama from there.
Is there any cheapest way to travel?
by Nazmira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread