Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/14 15:42
I am planning my trip to Japan from 1/11 to 10/11/2014.
1) Is it possible to drive from Tokyo to Korankei in a day trip?
2) Will it be the best time to see autumn leaves early Nov in Korankei?
3) If Tokyo is too far, then Kyoto or Nagoya will be more convenient to access to Korankei?
4) can someone recommend best place to see autumn color in Japan.
I have been to Japan for 5 times but this is the first time I go in autumn.
by ml22  

Re: Visiting Korankei from Tokyo in early Nov 2014/8/14 19:08
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+115419

This is all I know about Korankei. I recommend starting from Nagoya in the morning. Also, please take into consideration the possible traffic jam.

http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo13/131119.html

The above is 2013 report in mid-November.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Korankei from Tokyo in early Nov 2014/8/14 21:09

Will it be the best time to see autumn leaves early Nov in Korankei?

Early Nov could be too early. I am going this November as well , and plan to visit the area on the 19th of NOV.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/15 13:55
Thanks AK
So does this mean go from Nagoya should be better choice compare to drive from Tokyo ?
in that case I need to include Nagoya in my itinerary.

Thanks Liem
how are you going to Korankei? by public transport?
by ml22 rate this post as useful

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/15 15:07
In early November you might try Takaosan.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/15 16:38
Thanks.
After your recommendation, I hv glance thru the website on Takaosan, I think I will include this in my itinerary as is quite near to Tokyo and looks great with the natural scenery.

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/18 14:07
need some advise from you

If I fix my itinerary as Osaka kansai airport- rent a car- Kyoto - Nagoya - Tokyo

I will move around Kyoto(3nights) by renting a car, then go to Nagoya(2nights)for Korankei. I will return the car before I leave Nagoya for Tokyo(3nights).
So, what is the more economic way of transport from Nagoya to Tokyo?
I know Shinkansen is the fastest way but will it be costly ?

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/18 15:28

how are you going to Korankei? by public transport?

From what I have read, being peak season and expected traffic jams , self-drive could be a bad option. I shall, therefore, opt for train and bus .
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/18 16:00
Thanks,Liem

Ya, That's why I still cannot make up my mind whether I should rent a car for this trip as I never experience it before for my previous few trips in Japan.
to me,Japan public transport systems are so convenient, but I just wondering why I still found some tourist like to self drive, is it because of their luggage? or going to more remote places?

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/18 16:15
Some people are so accustomed to driving a car, being on their own, going at their own pace, that it is inconceivable to leave the "transportation" to someone else, such as public transport :) Also if you are traveling as a group, renting a car "could" save you transport cost, though at sacrifice of time usually. Also for certain areas such as Hokkaido, having a car might come in handy. But never in cities.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/18 16:54
thanks AK
I agree with your points
for me I am quite adaptable with the public transport and yet only 2 of us travel, I don't think we really need to rent a car.
I plan to go 1)Kyoto(Arashiyama, Tofukuji, Takao) 2)Nagoya(Korankei) 3)Tokyo(Nikko,Koyasan) for autumn leaves
I want to include takayama or kanazawa in my trip but I think I can make it as I need to travel among 3cities in 9days

Re: Korankei from Tokyo in early November 2014/8/18 16:56
sorry, I mean I can't make it as I only have 9days and I do not want to be so rush.

reply to this thread