Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus from Kanazawa to Takayama 2014/8/16 12:07
Hello, just want to ask
I would like to go to shirakawa from kanazawa in Nov 2014 and plan to buy a one way ticket from kanazawa to takayama
there are time table for the bus going to takayama via shirakawa
if i go from kanazawa at 08.10 arrive at shirakawa at 09.25
i want to explore shirakawa go about 2 or 3 hours...is it able for me to get bus from shirakawa go at 11.15 by using the one way ticket (kanazawa - takayama) or i have to buy separated ticket in each terminal bus stop ???
please let me know....
thanks a lot
by LUCY (guest)  

Re: Bus from Kanazawa to Takayama 2014/8/16 16:49
No, if you get off at Shirakawago, you have to buy two separate tickets.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Kanazawa to Takayama 2014/8/16 18:57
Ok, thanks uji
by lucy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Kanazawa to Takayama 2014/8/16 19:03
Sory, forget to ask
Can I buy ticket from shirakawa to takayama in kanazawa nohi station or I have to buy it in shirakawa at the day as my travel date ?

Re: Kanazawa -- Shirakawa-go -- Takayama buses 2014/8/18 03:19
Can I buy ticket from Shirakawa to Takayama in Kanazawa Nohi station

In Kanazawa, tickets for this highway bus line are handled by Hokuriku Railroad [Hokutetsu], not by Nohi Bus.
These two companies are co-operating this highway bus line Kanazawa -- Shirakawa-go -- Takayama.
Buses on the section Kanazawa -- Shirakawa-go require reservation.
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/shirakawago.html
(Please donft omit "-go" after "Shirakawa"; there is another well-known Shirakawa which is located away from Shirakawa-go.)

Getting out of Kanazawa Station (of JR) to East Exit, you find a bus terminal.
You can walk along the left half of the bus terminal to its end, as the bus stop numbers decrease to No. 1.
Crossing the road there via a short pedestrian crossing, you reach the Hokutetsu office (called Hokutetsu Ekimae Center).
Its counter for highway bus tickets is open from 06:15 to 20:00.

You can try reserving your seat in the bus on the phone.
(I am not sure whether an attendant who speaks English well can hear you, though.)
The phone number (for domestic calls) of the reservation center of Hokutetsu (open from 09:00 to 18:00) is shown in this webpage.
http://www.hokutetsu.co.jp/bus/highway/08takayama.html
If you stay overnight in another place in Japan before arriving to Kanazawa, maybe a clerk of that hotel can help you to make the reservation.
Please pay attention to the time limit by which you should purchase the bus ticket.

P. S.:
The 3rd, 23rd and 24th of November 2014 will be public holidays of Japan. Some popular tourist spots may be crowded during the 1st to 3rd + the 22nd to 24th days.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Bus from Kanazawa to Takayama 2014/8/18 23:13
Thank you very much, it's really help me.

reply to this thread