Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Disney 2014/8/17 22:40
I've been to Tokyo Disney twice many years ago. I was interested in buying t shirts and the like but couldn't find anything in our sizes.
Does Tokyo Disney sell Western sized clothing? We are not large people. In the US, I wear a size small to medium. My husband wears a medium to a large.
If Disney does sell larger sizes, what stores in Disney carries them?
Thanks.
by lilien  

Re: Tokyo Disney 2014/8/18 22:47
I am surprised you cannot find a size that fits, you sound like average sizes even for Japan. Perhaps the size you are looking for sells out the quickest? Anyway,try shopping at the big Bon Voyage store before you enter the parks. It is located next to Maihama Station and usually carries a very close approximation of the souvenirs sold within the parks. You do not have to pay to enter the park if you only want to shop at Bon Voyage as it is outside of the gates. It saved me an expensive entrance fee the last time I forgot to pick up a needed souvenir, although I did have to travel all the way back to Maihama Station from Shinuku. If they do not have what you are looking for, ask the English speaking staff for advice. The Ikspiari shopping centre down the road might have something also, but it probably is not directly branded with the theme park logos
by 56Premiere rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Disney 2014/8/18 23:16
Thanks, 56Premiere.
When we were last there, Disney did have Medium and Large sizes but they were not equivalent to the US Medium and Large. They were on the small side. I'll take a look at the store outside of the gate. That works out better for us as I didn't want to pay to get in just to buy something. We are going in December/January also and I don't think it would be much fun to walk around half the day in the cold.
by lilien rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Disney 2014/8/19 02:17
For Japanese L, expect a tight M in America. For a Japanese M, expect a tight S. Japanese sizes are more than one size smaller than the same size in the States. If you need an XL, get the Japanese 2XL, etc. Since the ration of portly Japanese is much lower than in the States, expect that those sizes aren't very well stocked....
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Disney 2014/8/19 04:08
Thanks, John B.
I guess I have to look for a large or an XL as I wear a medium in the US and have some sort of room in it. When I tried on a L years ago at Tokyo Disney, it was as tight as hell.
Good luck to me finding XL and 2X. Lol.
by lilien rate this post as useful

reply to this thread