Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido Itinerary - Winter 2014/8/22 12:06
I am currently planning on Hokkaido Trip during Winter period, but I am not sure if I will be too pressed for time for certain area, if anyone has any insight on the places below during Winter.. Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Day1. Sapporo
Day2. Wakkanai - 312 Min on Super Soya
Day3. Asahikawa - 213 Min on Super Soya
Day4. Abashiri - 225 Min on Okhotsk
Day5. Kushiro - 206 Min on Jr Senmo
Day6. Obihiro - 100 Min on Super Ozora
Day7. Noboribetsu - 214 Min on Tokachi+Hokuto
Day8-11. Mix of Sapporo and Hakodate

Should I add an extra day for any of the destination ?
The only thing concrete now is the Aurora Drift Ice at Abashiri and probably the prison Museum.

Not sure we have time for the Cranes at Kushiro, given that we would reach Kushiro at 13:27.

Thank you in advance.
by vinces7  

Re: Hokkaido Itinerary - Winter 2014/8/23 01:09
I haven't been there myself, but I was told Sankaku Fish Market in Otaru is worth going for "yummy seafood". Maybe you can try replacing one of your Sapporo days with that?
by Pumpkln rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido Itinerary - Winter 2014/8/23 10:21
Hehe actually Otaru should be first day, maybe i should add more details ..

Day1. Otaru - Winter Festival
Day2. Sapporo - Winter Festival
Day3. Wakkanai - 312 Min on Super Soya (Don't think I will be visiting the outer island during winter)
Day4. Asahikawa - 213 Min on Super Soya - Winter Festival
Day5. Abashiri - 225 Min on Okhotsk - Aurora Drift Ice & Prison Museum? (Reached Abashiri at 12Pm around, Aurora at 15:30)

Day6. Kushiro - 206 Min on Jr Senmo (Not sure what to see apart from the crane here)

Day7. Obihiro - 100 Min on Super Ozora (There are a few festival at Tokachi but I'm worried that 1 day would definitely not enough..)
(Alternative option, Furano Ski Resort?)

Day8. Noboribetsu - 214 Min on Tokachi+Hokuto

Day9-12. Mix of Sapporo and Hakodate (Sapporo will be on last day as we are planning to catch Night train to Tokyo)

My main worries are the itinerary for Wakkanai, Asahikawa, Abashiri, Kushiro and Obihiro, I kinda feel that 5 days for 5 places is a bit crazy... should I cut Kushiro and Obihiro from this trip?

We wouldn't be driving for our trip, I'm definitely not confident with driving in snowy weather.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread