Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

osaka to hakodate 2014/8/22 13:32
Dear,

I will visit japan on 24 oct for 10Days,i wish to know about the JR rail way from osaka to hakodate the train fee. but currently i have bought JR Rail way for 7 Days unlimited .

actually which train i can travel to hakodate without extract pay?

i was confuse of JR train Info.

what train is not use for JR 7 days pass?

beside on Nozomi, Mizuho and Hayabusa trains,

what is means of (But pass holders are allowed to get on and off only at Aomori) ??

i found this info from the website.

please advice me .

thanks
by jojochye  

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/8/22 19:50
Hyperdia groups the Hayabusa along with the Nozomi and Mizuho, but you can use it with the JRP. It's an all-reserved seat, so just input the stations in Hyperdia and you'll see which route you can use. Just make sure to ignore any that offer the Nozomi.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/8/22 21:15
If you really don't want to have any extra fee, be prepared to spend the major part of a day inside a train or spend one night in Aomori. Virtually all overnight trains to Hokkaido require an additional fee in some way or other.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/8/22 21:28
P.S. : We will be able to advise more precisely if you give us more details about your intended plan. Basically, do you wish to leave Osaka in the evening and arrive at Hakodate in the morning, even if it means a more complicated trip, or are you okay with "losing" almost one day of your trip to leave Osaka and arrive in Hakodate in the same day?

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/8/23 04:43
Consider buying the Yokoso domestic tickets which for tourists, you can fly anywhere domestic for $100/flight.

https://www.jal.co.jp/yokosojapan/
by DarthBeeL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/8/23 05:11
Well, OP said he wants no additional fee over his JR Pass. (Also ANA's special fare is generally better than JAL's.)

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/8/23 06:59
what is means of (But pass holders are allowed to get on and off only at Aomori) ??

This is just a misunderstanding. I do not know the original description you have read, but I think it comes from the website below.

http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en004.html

It says:

*Aoimori Railway services between Aomori and Hachinohe
(but only for direct travel between these two stations on local or rapid services. Travel is not covered if you disembark at any other station on the Aoimori Railway line.)

This is not the description for the JR Tohoku Shinkansen but a non-JR Aoimori Railway. I think it should be very rare for the traveller to use Aoimori Railway instead of much faster Tohoku Shinkansen. This might occur when you use overnight train to Hokkaido, but it requires additional fee (expensive), so that most travelers should not select it. Of course you can get on and off at all the JR stations.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/8/23 07:11
I think it should be very rare for the traveller to use Aoimori Railway instead of much faster Tohoku Shinkansen.

Mostly, it's for when you want to take the JR Ominato line to visit the Shimokita peninsula: since the Metoki/Aomori section of the Tohoku Main Line was transferred to Aoimori Railway, you can't access the Ominato line by JR only.

Or maybe someone with a lot of time on their hands could want to go all the way from Hachinohe to Aomori. :D It does offer a much nicer view than the Shinkansen (especially since the Shinkansen goes through a lot of tunnels).

Re: osaka to hakodate 2014/9/23 12:11
Thank all of your.

by jojochye rate this post as useful

reply to this thread