Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Validity of International Driving Permit 2014/8/22 19:09
Hello,

I will be traveling to Tohoku area in Feb 2015, and renting a car. My IDP was issued on March 11, 2014. I believe my IDP will expire on March 11, 2015.

I plan to rent a car from Feb 03 to Feb 13, 2015.

Do you think rental car company will have any problem with my IDP, which will have only about 1 month of validity at the time of I rent a car.

For your passport, you need to have at least 6 months of validity in order to enter a country. Is there a similar rule for IDP?

Thanks

by Sitti01  

Re: Validity of International Driving Permit 2014/8/23 10:27
For your passport, you need to have at least 6 months of validity in order to enter a country.

That's not universally true, each country has its own requirement. Japan, in particular, requires only that your passport is valid at the time you leave. And that's only for temporary visitors, as well. Otherwise your passport could even expire on the day after you enter.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Validity of International Driving Permit 2014/8/23 11:03
As far as I know, there's no rule that the IDP must have a certain amount of time on it to use it; I know people who have used it up to its very expiration date.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread