Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cost of living in kurume, Fukuoka prefecture 2014/8/23 14:40
Hello! I am going to live in kurume for 6 months. How easy is it to rent a decent size apartment? How much could it cost? What areas of the city are good or should be avoided? Thanks a lot!
by Anya (guest)  

Re: Cost of living in kurume, Fukuoka prefecture 2014/8/23 20:01
I don't know about Kurume in particular, but I live in Fukuoka city and rent an apartment for 20,000 yen a month. Other bills (Health insurance, gas, electricity, water) probably run me around 10,000 a month total. Food maybe around 20,000 a month.

If you will only be there 6 months though, I'm not sure you will be able to rent an apartment. I don't believe anybody does contracts that short. You might want to look into a guest house or something, no idea if there are any in Kurume though.
by Saku K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cost of living in kurume, Fukuoka prefecture 2014/8/24 13:06
I am from Kurume.
The city has two major parts, the JR Kurume station side and Nishitetsu Kurume station side.
JR Kurume side is near the Chikugo river and the river park where you can enjoy golfing, boating, outdoor events, the water shrine, fire works, etc.
Nishitetsu side is where the commerce is and vibrant shopping and hotel areas. If you go east beautiful Nonaka park and Ishibashi Museum by Bridgestone Foundation, mountains, etc. In between has old clothing whole sellers, restaurants, department store, City Hall, courts, church, my high school, etc.
There are some bars that may employ Russian girls but they are hidden.
Kurume is the birth place of Tonkotsu Ramen and well known for yakitori, grilled eel, so enjoy.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread