Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/24 00:55
We will be visiting Japan in the Spring.
Has anyone used this delivery system for their luggage and if so how dependable is it?
by anne smith (guest)  

Re: Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/24 14:10
I've used them dozens of times. One time they were thirty minutes late picking up a suitcase from my home, but that was under extreme weather conditions; other than that they've been on time.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/24 19:46
Thank you for your reply
by Anne (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/24 20:15
It is an amazing service: inexpensive, reliable, and the only way to go!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/25 14:34
Hi! Can anyone tell me how to use this services? I plan to sent a luggage from Nagoya hotel to tokyo hotel. Can I asked the hotel to help me since I'm cannot speak or read japanese?
by rotz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/25 15:06
Most hotel should be able to help you with it, just inquire from the hotel.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/25 18:07
Hotels are so used to this service: it is very easy. The front desk will sort it out for you. You may need cash though: not all hotel services allow credit card.
We have sent luggage from Narita airport to hotels, and also to family homes requesting a particular time: absolutely no problems.
We have also sent luggage from hotel to hotel, no problem
BUT: remember: it is an overnight service, not same day, so you need to be able to live out of carry-on for at least one day.
Use, and enjoy the freedom.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Takuhaibin Delivery Service 2014/8/25 18:34
I think most of the hotels have the shipping label.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/send/invoice/

Of course you can write on it in English, but you might better ask the hotel clerk to write it. They must be very used to it. To make it easy for them to write down, you may better to prepare for the printed paper or the smartphone etc to show the hotel name and address. They will write it in Japanese, but if you can not read Japanese, you might feel uncertain whether the address is correct. So, please prepare the address in both English and Japanese. They can read English address and will compare it with the Japanese address before writing.

As you might have noticed, Japan is tip-less country, so you do not need tip, but if you have many baggages to sent, they might not refuse the tip: Japanese travelers write it by themselves and this is a kind of a "special" service. You might better ask them not in the morning rush. If you want to deliver it on the next day, you may need to ask them before noon. If you ask late at night, the deliver might be 2 days after.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread