Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any recommend 3 star Hotel in Shibuya 2014/8/24 09:45
Hi there,
Anyone can recommend 3 star hotel in Shibuya for 3 persons.
As I searching so many hotel they only have max for 2 persons.

Thank you.
Angela SG
by Angela SG (guest)  

Re: Any recommend 3 star Hotel in Shibuya 2014/8/24 14:15
Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu? They have standard 3 occupant room, though I don't know if they are 3-star :) Some friends of mine stayed over there and liked it.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Any recommend 3 star Hotel in Shibuya 2014/8/24 15:17
Thanks AK,
Have check but no room for us on the date we want. Anyway thanks alot for your reply.
Btw this hotel is 4 star...

Thanks
Angela SG
by angela (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any recommend 3 star Hotel in Shibuya 2014/8/24 15:29
A few stations away, then, but Route Inn Gotanda, maybe? They have triple, and even though I have not used this location, usually I find the Route Inn hotels OK, though rooms are somewhat small.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Searching for hotels in Shibuya 2014/8/25 08:43
Anyone can recommend 3 star hotel in Shibuya for 3 persons?

Well, here I am not answering directly to your request, but I guess you unfortunately have a narrow range of choices among hotels (in urbanized areas in Tokyo) which offer any room for three or more guests.

Assuming you are three travelers, I suppose
: If you dare need to stay in one hotel room (for example because a little kid is among you), it could be difficult to find one which is good also in other terms such as location and cost.
: If you can stay in two hotel rooms, you would have a better choice, because hotel rooms for one or two guests are more common.

When you choose one among hotels in Shibuya, I recommend you pay attention, not relying on old sources, also to routes or distances from/to Shibuya Station(s) to/from hotels and from/to hotels to/from your destinations.
Shibuya Station buildings and districts around them have been on some redevelopment projects.
The Shibuya Station complex consists of a few buildings, with railroad tracks lying from the 5th basement to the 3rd floor above the ground.
Shibuya has many slopes, and some entrances and exits of Shibuya Station buildings are around the bottom of one or plural slopes.

Regarding hotel ranking, I am not sure which ranking you are looking at.
A few things about hotel rankings in Japan which I can think of are
: A higher-class hotel is not always ranked higher.
: Even a higher-class hotel or a higher-ranked hotel may not have enough attendants who can speak English well.
: Persons who rank hotels may vary by rankings, for example, only a low percent of guests in one ranking, while investigative members of a certain tourism company in another ranking.

Personally I seldom care much for how hotels in Japan are ranked when I choose one, not only because I roughly evaluate them based on information which they provide in my language Japanese, but also because I take hotel rankings as not highly reliable if I cannot presume who are ranking the hotels by which criteria.

[Examples of results of searching for hotels]

Results mentioned below are concerning one night from 22 October 2014, which will be not a public holiday but a normal weekday in Japan.
Hotel charges may be indicated in the total, in the amount per room or in the amount per person.
(A1) Three adults (from 13) in one room:
http://www.jalan.net/en/japan_hotels_ryokan/Hotels/Tokyo_Hotels/Shibuy...
(A2) Three adults (from 13) in two rooms:
http://www.jalan.net/en/japan_hotels_ryokan/Hotels/Tokyo_Hotels/Shibuy...
(B1) Three adults (from 13) in one room:
http://www.japanican.com/en/hotel/list/13/130206/?so=c&navcheckin=2014...
(B2) Three adults (from 13) in two rooms:
http://www.japanican.com/en/hotel/list/13/130206/?so=c&navcheckin=2014...

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Any recommend 3 star Hotel in Shibuya 2014/8/25 11:10
I came to the same conclusion that it is difficult to find a triple room in Shibuya (1 kid and an infant in tow). Slim pickings unless one is willing to fork out $400 per night onward. Settled for Shinjuku instead which is 7 mins by train and $180 per night.
by AJ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread