Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 week trip to Japan 2014/8/25 12:47
Hi,me and my husband plan to go to Japan around end Oct/early Nov. We have around 6 to 7 days and would like to visit Tokyo and Hokkaido area. Is that too rush for 2 places? Will be very much appreciated if someone could suggest simple Itineraries for both places. And if possible, estimated overall cost/expenses too. Thank you very much.
by reka (guest)  

Re: 1 week trip to Japan 2014/8/25 16:40
If you have only 6-7 days, then yes, it's better to just concentrate on Tokyo and make side trips to some nearby places.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2401_5.html
by CLLR rate this post as useful

Re: 1 week trip to Japan 2014/8/26 00:31
If it is only Tokyo
And only Hokkaido
It is possible

Day 1
Tokyo Domestic flight to Shin Chitose Airport
Go to Sapporo
Shopping, sightseeing, sleeping

Day 2
Go to Otaru
Eat cake, buy chocolate
See glassblowing
Go to Daisetsuzan
See autumn
Night at an onsen town on mountain

Day 3
Do some trekking/hiking of mountain area
Travel to Lake Toya
Go round, go into lake
Spend night at Toya

Day 4
Go to Hakodate
See the western buildings and attractions
Eat delicious fresh seafood
Go atop mount hakodate at night

Day 5
Go to fish market (if there is time)
Fly from Hakodate airport to Tokyo
If you want to save money, you could use a JR Pass instead. It takes a long time however. Unless you take the overnight train and sleep on it on Day 4.

Remaining days
Tokyo Choose one per day
Tsukuji Fish Market + Ginza + Sensoji + Sky tree + Shibuya
Meiji Shrine + Yoyogi park + Harajuku + Shinjuku
Odaia + Imperial Palace + Ueno garden and parks
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: 1 week trip to Japan 2014/8/26 02:29
What days in particular and where are you coming from? If it's the western hemisphere, remember you lose a day traveling and usually arrive in the afternoon and it's usually evening by the time you make it to Tokyo. There goes 2 days. If you fly out early on the following day, then you have from 11:00am on in Sapporo for day 3. If you take the earliest train out and last train in, then you can have about 8 hours in each place in Hokkaido. You can sleep on the train, as you won't have much time in the hotels to sleep. I do that very often when I travel.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 1 week trip to Japan 2014/8/26 04:12
I'd just do Tokyo + a few side trips. Or allocate more days to the trip instead. 10 days Tokyo + Hokkaido is perfectly doable.
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1 week trip to Japan 2014/8/26 13:59
Hi, thank you very much for all the suggestions.
We are flying from singapore to Tokyo. Will be around 28 Oct,arriving 11am and leaving 04 Nov morning.

We will try to add in 1 or 2 more days for the trip. :)
by reka (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread