Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Airport-Koyasan and confused... 2014/8/26 03:42
Hiya, hoping for some input from the people savvy with KIX and Namba stations...

I'll be arriving into Kansai Airport around 9am and heading straight up to Koyasan. Although it's a pretty short trip, I'm stubborn about taking on the Koyasan one-nighter, so I'm trying to figure the best (and super duper fastest) public transport route from KIX to Koyasan.

The Koyasan World Heritage Ticket looks great, but am I misunderstanding in that I have to pick it up from Namba and it is not available from the airport station? Given that, should I just throw the KoyasanWHT option out the window and follow Hyperdia's KIX-TENGACHAYA-GOKURAKUBASHI-KOYASAN route faithfully? Am I right to also assume that the KoyasanWHT ticket needs to be queued up for and can't be bought off the machines?

Hoping for some advice...
by Jasmine (guest)  

Re: Kansai Airport-Koyasan and confused... 2014/8/26 12:26
I can't confirm, but the pass is sold at major Nankai stations and KIX is presumably a major Nankai station. Alternatively, you could pick it up at Tengachaya.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport-Koyasan and confused... 2014/9/3 13:29
Hi
You can buy the ticket at Kansai airport station.
9:44 Kansai Airport station - 10:26 Tengachaya station.
10:29 Tengachaya station - 12:02 Gokurakubashi station.
12:07 Gokurakubashi station - 12:12 Koyasan station.
Those lines are from Nankai train so the ticket may be available and one of the fastest from KIX.
Have a nice trip
by naoto (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Airport-Koyasan and confused... 2014/9/4 21:20
Thanks very much for both your replies *big hus* they were really REALLY helpful! Will report back how it went..
by Jasmine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread