Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 full day itinerary check - November 2014 2014/8/26 22:06
Hi,

I will be spending 11 nights and 10 full days in Japan at the start of November, on my way to visit my home in Europe during my annual leave (I live in Australia now...).
I will be flying into Narita and flying out of Osaka. I've only just started working on my itinerary and I would like some feedback about it :

01/11 - Arrival Narita around 8 PM
02/11 - Tokyo
03/11 - Tokyo
04/11 - Tokyo
05/11 - Nikko
06/11 - Tokyo to Kawaguchiko in the morning with an overnight in Kawaguchiko / I really would like to get some beautiful views of Mt Fuji (still keeping in mind that this is all weather dependent), but I'm also after some really nice spots for "koyo" viewing which is why I picked Kawaguchiko over Hakone, but it seems that Hakone would be an easier choice in terms of travelling time to Kyoto the next day?
07/11 - Kawaguchiko to Kyoto in the afternoon
08/11 - Kyoto
09/11 - Kyoto
10/11 - Kyoto to Koyasan in the morning with an overnight in a Shukubo
11/11 - Koyasan to Nara
12/11 - Nara to Kansai airport (my flight departs around 12:00 PM)

I really want to include an overnight in Koyasan but it seems to involve a lot of travelling time from either Nara, Osaka or Kyoto, which is why I didn't plan the last night there. I'm just not sure about Nara or if I should rather sleep in Osaka instead for the last night?

Being a manga & anime fan, I wanted to keep at least one "otaku day" in Tokyo with some shopping in Akihabara, hence the 3 full days in Tokyo...

I am really open to any suggestions and advice.
Thank you for your feedback! :)
by Yann (guest)  

Re: 10 full day itinerary check - November 2014 2014/8/27 12:58
The itinerary probably has no issue except, my question would be, will you be carrying the stuff you buy in Tokyo around with you?

Your last part of journey is a bit worrying if you have many stuffs with you. Best to consider using delivery service from Hotel to Airport (require at least 2 days before your departure, inquire with your hotel)

Actually, why don't you shift Koyasan and Nara trip before Kyoto though? (This way if you have a lot of stuffs with you, you could send from Tokyo to Kyoto with delivery service, when I deliver mine from Kyoto to Tokyo it costs about 1500 Yen).

by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: 10 full day itinerary check - November 2014 2014/8/27 20:50
Yes I thought about it too, I'm just not sure how much stuff I will end up buying there, I was planning to take minimum stuff in my bag and keep room for whatever I would buy in Japan but that may not be enough...

So then I could possibly rearrange the itinerary this way :
01/11 - Arrival Narita around 8 PM
02/11 - Tokyo
03/11 - Tokyo
04/11 - Tokyo
05/11 - Nikko
06/11 - Tokyo to Kawaguchiko
07/11 - Kawaguchiko to Kyoto in the afternoon
08/11 - Kyoto to Koyasan in the morning
09/11 - Koyasan to Kyoto
10/11 - Kyoto
11/11 - Kyoto
12/11 - Kyoto to Kansai airport (my flight departs around 12:00 PM)

And I would try to do Nara as a day trip from Kyoto or eventually on the way back from Koyasan.
That would be perhaps less stressful for the last two days and I could store most of my luggage in Kyoto during the Koyasan overnight.

How does it work for delivery service? Do most hotels offer it or is there any companies I should check? I was also wondering if it wasn't worthwile shipping whatever stuff I would buy back home directly, I am not sure if it gets really expensive...
by Yann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 full day itinerary check - November 2014 2014/8/27 22:42
You can use the takyubin Delivery
They can collect from your hotel

Being an anime person maybe you could go to sites where anime were filmed.
Eg southern Kyoto for k-on school
Uji for Kyoto animation office
Kawagoe for Rinne no lagrane

Koya mountain is a really nice place
But a full day is too much
It's good to have a car to visit the various towns littered along the mountains
Koya doesn't have much to see and do. Evening at okunomochi. Night to see lighted temple. Next morn to hear chanting.
by Joshua Hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 full day itinerary check - November 2014 2014/8/28 06:09
Being an Anime fan, don't miss Ghibli Museum and check also Nakano Broadway for shopping.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 full day itinerary check - November 2014 2014/8/28 09:43
If there is no significant long trip once you touch down in Kyoto, I would recommend you just camp in Kyoto and travel out from there.

After all, there are many hotels that have plans with better price with consecutive stay. Also save a lot of hassles if you have plan to buy stuff along the way, you could always use post office or delivery service to send stuff back. I did it during my last trip, bought too many books there..
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread