Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Itinerary 2014/8/27 05:04
Hi All,
I will be in Japan for the 2nd time in November and trying to make a plan. Last time I was Rail passing around but this time I will be in Tokyo 99% of the time.
Last year, I didn't do too much besides shopping and drinking with a friend while in Tokyo so wanted to make a plan :)

Ive tried to group things in to days (in no particular order) and wanted to ask for feedback as to if there is too much or too little on any one day or if something should be cut / added / moved about etc.

Excluding arrival and departure days I have 14 full days.

Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions.

1) Ghibli Museum (i have a ticket already) // Inokashira Park / Kichijoji / Shinjuku Gov Building at night.

2) Yokohama - Chinatown, Minato Mirai - observatory, cosmo world, cup noodle museum, ramen museum (maybe kirin beer village - maybe sankeien garden)

3) Kamakura & Enoshima (K - Engakuji, Tokeji, Jochiji, Meegetsuin, Kenchoji, Tsurugaoka, Jupukuji, Hasedera, Giant Buddha, E - Enohsima Shrine & Iwaya Caves)

4)Kawagoe - Kurazukun houses, bell tower, kashiya yoko cho, taisho roman st, kitan temple, kikawa shrine, horimaru goten

5) pro wrestling shops around suidobashi, koishikawa korakuen, kanda myojin, yushima seido, akihabara, ryogoku - sumo stadium, edo tokyo museum (maybe kyu-yasuda tien, maybe yokomicho park)

6)Asakusa (can skip was there briefly last time) Sensoji, View from tourist Centre (is it worth visiting asahi tower). Shiodome - ghibli clock, view from Dentsu observatory, caretta mall, (maybe advertising museum)
Odiaba - Gundam - gundam museum, takoyaki museum, agua city, maybe a boat on the Sumida

7) Ikegami HonMonji Temple complex, Baien Plum Tree Garden, Senzokuike Park

8) Ueno - park - kaneiji, nat museum, kiyomieukannon temple, toshogu shrine, bentendo, shitamachi museum, shinobazu pond. Ameyoko shopping Area.
Yanaka / Nezu - Cemetary PArk, Yanaka Ginza, Snake Street, Tennoji temple, Choanji temple, nezu shrine

9) Imperial East Gardens, Kit Anomaru, Yasukuni shrine, Nijubashi bridge, KANDA myojin shrine, yushima seido shrine, jimbocho, yushima tenjin shrine

10) Harajuku + Shubuya + Shimokitazawa

+ I will add somewhere Skytree Mall /// Rikugien /// Shinjuku /// hopefully some puroresu at korakuen hall /// Nakano Broadway and empty days for whatever....

Maybe that was too detailed haha. oh well... Thanks for your input anyway :)

:)
by Emdee  

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2014/8/27 14:25
If you want more time off the city, and you haven't already been, you can go to Kawaguchiko / Fuji Q (if rolercoasters are your thing), Hike Mt. Takao and Nikko. If you like trains the Railway museum in Saitama is great and makes for a fun trip in one morning.
by aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2014/8/27 14:28
Day 5 looks a bit packed.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2014/8/27 15:51
Thanks for the tips guys... I was thinking abotu kawaguchiko (not the theme park but the area) but someone told me it was pointless without a car?
As for Mt Takao I forgot that on the list, it was on my to do list, thanks for the reminder :D
by Emdee rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Itinerary 2014/8/27 16:49
Kawaguchiko is perfectly doable without a car. Just get there early and have in mind the bus timetable when you get around. It's beautiful and worth the trip :)
by Aerond (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread