Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo/Hakone Itinerary Feedback Request 2014/8/27 16:51
Hi all, we are a group of 4 adults heading to Tokyo from 15-21 Dec 2014. As this is our first time there, would appreciate any comments/feedback on our proposed itinerary:-
Day 1- Arrive Narita at 7.20 am. Take train or airport shuttle to hotel (option of Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku or Hotel Metropolitan Tokyo, Ikebukuro). After luggage drop, head to Shinjuku to visit Gyoen Park; Meiji Shrine; Takashimaya Dept Store;Tokyo Metropolitan Govt Bldg observation deck ;Kabuchiko Nightlife
Day 2 - Morning head to Tsujuki Market for sushi meals, thereafter Asakusa (Sensoji & Nakamise Street); Ginza, Tokyo Skytree.
Day 3- Head to Hakone either via Romance Car or Shinkansen, to purchase Hakone Free Pass and start the Loop trail till Gora. Check into ryoken.
Day 4 - Continue with the Hakone Loop and depart for Tokyo at 4.00 pm via Shinkansen at Odawara Station.
Day 5 - Visit Ueno Keon, Akihabara
Day 6 - Visit Harajuku, Omotesando, and then Shibuya at night (yoyogi Park)
Day 7 - Depart Tokyo for flight at 10.30 am
Queries :-
(1) Which hotel (Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku or Metropolitan Tokyo, Ikebukuro) would be a better choice in terms of accessibility?
(2) With the above itinerary, is it more economical to purchase the 7D JR Pass or shall i just get a NEX & Suica Cards?
(3) For the first day, is the itinerary too pack to cover Shinjuku?
(4) Overall, is the above itinerary alright or too pack, rushing all over?
Any comments/feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you.
by chiwe (guest)  

Re: Tokyo/Hakone Itinerary Feedback Request 2014/8/27 17:04
1. Make sure it's within walking distance or have Metro (subway) nearby, it will help tremendously (Google map)
2.JR pass totally not worth it for your itinerary, just buy the suitable Hakone Free Pass and Suica.
3. Meiji Shrine do not fit in that day, combine it for your trip to Harajuku. While Japan is safe in general, do be careful in Kabukicho.
4. I think it's perfectly fine except for the Meiji shrine on that day.

Most importantly what the purpose for the trip in Tokyo, for me most of the time it's for shopping, books and food, so I have longer or multiple day itinerary on some areas, just because one day is just not enough to shop ... Otherwise, your itinerary looks pretty good.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo/Hakone Itinerary Feedback Request 2014/8/27 17:05
1. And make sure it is within walking distance to JR station too, in case you will be carrying a lot luggage between station to your hotel.

Re: Tokyo/Hakone Itinerary Feedback Request 2014/8/27 17:12
1) I'd say the sunroute, although honestly they're pretty comparable. I had a friend stay at the sunroute and it was quite convenient.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo/Hakone Itinerary Feedback Request 2014/8/27 17:20
I had always stayed with Sunroute due to its location. They used to be a hidden gem in Shinjuku but now, the secret is out and their price starting to become quite expensive (compared to before and other hotel nearby)

There is actually a very new Hotel near it, JR something Hotel, opened August 2014. If the location is at exactly where they indicated, it is very very near to Shinjuku JR station.

reply to this thread