Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Private onsen 2014/8/28 15:49
Hi,

Is there any hourly charged private onsen at Kusatsu? Any good recommendations pls?

Thanks
by Lynn (guest)  

Re: Private onsen 2014/8/29 00:26
You can make reservation at your hotel if they have private onsen bath.
It may be free or may come with a fee.

Public onsen do not usually have private baths.
by Joshua Hugh rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen 2014/8/31 18:07
Thanks Joshua, unfortunately, I will not be staying for a night at Kusatsu Onsen... Would you know if there is any onsen that just offer private onsen for an hour?

Thanks a lot.
by Lynn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen 2014/8/31 21:33
Otaki-no-yu has private onsen rental, 2000 yen for 1 hr.

http://ohtakinoyu.com/spa.html#rent

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen 2014/9/4 14:16
I don't understand why you would come all the way to Japan and not experience local culture by attending a public onsen or sento. Are we westerners so scared of nudity that we pay lots of money to have a private bath like we do at home.

Myself and my wife have been to lots of public onsens/baths in Japan and never had a problem.
by nasum (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen 2014/9/8 14:50
I guess it's not just about culture. Its more on getting a companion to talk to while enjoying your onsen instead of being alone. This situation mostly happens to those couple tourist.
by steventanz rate this post as useful

Re: Private onsen 2014/9/8 16:23
Yes nudity is an issue for some, but many couples or families choose kashikiri onsen so that they can bath together. Otherwise they would be separated, which can be less enjoyable despite the baths being nicer. Alternatively, you could check out a good mixed bath (konyoku).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread