Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to acquire a work visa to cook in japan? 2014/8/29 06:41
Hi!
I'm 20 years old, and for pretty much as long as I can remember I've always loved japanese cuisine and culture. I have been working in kitchens for almost 2 years, and will be cooking in a japanese restaurant for another year before I would travel to japan. My friend is staying in Japan for two years with a student visa, and he is staying in his own apartment where I would be living as well. Basically I'm wondering if I would meet the qualifications of a work visa, and if I need to apply for one before I actually travel to Japan. Thanks a lot everyone.
by otoro  

Re: How to acquire a work visa to cook in japan? 2014/8/29 11:14
Unfortunately you probably do not qualify for a work visa. Chefs usually need quite a bit more work experience (in the area of 10 years+) to waive the degree requirement.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How to acquire a work visa to cook in japan? 2014/8/29 12:35
You cant get a work visa to cook if your specialty is japanese cuisine. You need to specialize in your own country's cuisine.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to acquire a work visa to cook in japan? 2014/8/29 14:25
Is that opinion or do you know this as fact?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to acquire a work visa to cook in japan? 2014/8/29 18:25
Is that opinion or do you know this as fact?

I do not know it as a fact but I do believe this lawyer:

http://www.tokyoimmigration.jp/eng/ryouri.html
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to acquire a work visa to cook in japan? 2014/8/29 18:31
Interesting, thanks for citing your sources.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How to acquire a work visa to cook in japan? 2014/9/11 00:31
Hello , it is fact !! U need 10yrs cooking experience in ur own country's cuisine (NOT JAPANES) ! Thn only u can go for the process to get skilled visa for COOK !!
by Sunhabb rate this post as useful

reply to this thread