Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Final check 2014/8/30 18:45
Hi

Thanks for helping me so far with my itinerary, not long now, less than a month, so I just wanted to check this makes sense.

Day 1 – Arrive at Narita, send our bags straight to the hotel and head to Tsukiji Market, after go through Ginza and try to get tickets to Kabuki if available. Our hotel is in Chiyoda near Hanzomon Station. After check in wefre thinking of visiting Roppongi Hills.

Day 2 (Saturday) – Sky tree bright and very early, Asakusa, Edo Tokyo Museum, Akihabara

Day 3 (Sunday) – Shinjuku Gyoen Garden, Meiji Shrine, Omotesando, Yoyogi Park, Shibuya

Day 4 – Tokyo DisneySea

Day 5 – Nikko (send bags to Nagoya)

Day 6 – Get up very early and go to Matsumoto to see the Castle and then Kamikochi. Stay overnight in Kamikochi

Day 7 – Enjoy Kamikochi before the crowds, then take the bus to Takayama, stay overnight at a Ryokan

Day 8 – Spend the day in Takayama and travel to Nagoya at the end of the day.

Day 9 (Saturday) – F1 Race Qualifying, all day at the track in Suzuka. Staying in Nagoya

Day 10 (Sunday) – Race day, all day at the track. (Send bags to Kyoto)

Day 11 – From Nagoya get the early train to Hiroshima, visit Miyajima and get a late ferry back to Hiroshima, we are staying near the JR station.

Day 12 – Spend the morning visiting the peace park and having lunch at Okonomimura, late afternoon train to Kyoto

Day 13 – Kyoto, Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji, Arashiyama, Nishiki Market

Day 14 – Fushimi Inari Shrine, Ginkakujin, Kiyomizudera, Higashiyama District, Gion

Day 15 – Nara (Send bags to Narita)

Day 16 (Saturday) – Morning sightseeing in Kyoto, visiting places we didnft have time before, train to Tokyo, and afternoon free explore.

Day 17 (Sunday) – Flight home

We have a busy day on Day 6, we were originally staying in Matsumoto overnight but we want to visit DisneySea so we will be staying an extra night in Tokyo.

Is this sensible?

Many thanks
by pirespt  

Re: Final check 2014/8/31 12:26
Day5 will recommend that you stay at (near Shinjuku) Tokyo.
Matsumoto bound train departs from Shinjuku Station.
The far from Nikko, Kamikochi does not enjoy enough.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Final check 2014/8/31 16:45
Thanks,we will stay at the same hotel. We thought that between check out and check in there wouldn't be that much time saving. We just have to get up earlier to miss the rush hour.

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence?
by pirespt rate this post as useful

Re: Final check 2014/8/31 19:48
If you use the same hotel, there is no problem.
It takes time to go to Matsumoto from Nikko.
So, I thought the time you walk Kamikochi becomes shorter.
I have been to in mid-October to Kamikochi.
Temperature was so cold fairly, it is recommend that you bring a lot of clothes.
http://www.kamikochi.or.jp/english/
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Final check 2014/8/31 23:33
Thanks, we are going back to Tokyo after Nikko. It will an early rise.

Thanks for the tip.
by pirespt rate this post as useful

reply to this thread