Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass or bus Osaka, Kyoto & Tokyo 7 nights 2014/9/1 01:51
I am travelling with my adult son and daughter, this is our first time to Japan. Our flight is coming in to Osaka and out from Osaka.
Please advise on bellow itinerary is it worth to get the 7 days JR Rail Pass (overnight train) or travel by overnight bus:
arrive Osaka 24th Sept 8:00 am - straight to Kyoto (stay for 2 nights)
26th Kyoto to Tokyo (overnight train ? or bus? )
eta Tokyo 27th morning stay for one night (1 night 2 days shall I add 1 night and thus reduce 1 night in Osaka?)
28th to Osaka (overnight train ? or bus? )
29th Osaka (2 nights)
1 Oct 11.25 am flight back to Jakarta
please give some suggestion on the best itinerary with such a short visit time. What is the best way to get to those places?
we thinks we want to see Disney Sea in Tokyo - is that the best choice compare to Osaka Universal Studio or Disney land Tokyo? would the entrance fee is better to buy on line in advance?
Appreciate the advise and inputs thanks.

by Rebecca (guest)  

Re: JR Pass or bus Osaka, Kyoto & Tokyo 7 nights 2014/9/1 12:28
Use Hyperdia for fares and routes to determine what is best.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass or bus Osaka, Kyoto & Tokyo 7 nights 2014/9/1 12:35
I have no idea about Disneysea or Universal Studio in Osaka, but it's probably more worthwhile to spend more days in Tokyo than Osaka, depending what you and your children are interested to see.

JR pass will normally worth it if you travel between Osaka/Kyoto - Tokyo (round trip). Which is probably recommended to save time on traveling, Osaka to Tokyo by Hikari train approximately 2hours 30min.

Personal recommendation is to skip Tokyo entirely for this trip and spend more of your time in Kansai, again depending on what interest you.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread