Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

30 days in Japan, I need advices please 2014/9/1 02:53
Hello

I have in my plans to stay in Japan for 30 days in October or November, I still have to decide about that.

I will be visiting Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto but many other places too.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me a suggestion about accomodations.

Any sites with good offers for a place to stay and similar things.

Also, it's my first time going to Japan,so what do I MUST know?

by Vernados  

Re: 30 days in Japan, I need advices please 2014/9/1 12:31
You MUST know your budget for the travel time there and your itinerary.

For accommodation, pick hotel near JR station for convenience if you are first time.

Otherwise, please check where you are interested to go and come up with itinerary, that way we could probably give you better recommendation.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: 30 days in Japan, I need advices please 2014/9/1 15:17
what do I MUST know?

I think what you must know is wide variation of accommodations and meals.

Some tourists say that the hotel room in Japan is small. I am very doubtful about this notion. I am now staying in Hilton San Francisco Financial District. I think the size of the room is quite similar to Hilton Osaka. Conrad Tokyo has even larger rooms in general. Some Japanese brand hotels such as Brighton, New Otani, Okura, Teikoku have Hiltom-sized rooms. Of course, some hotels in Japan has smaller rooms, but it deeply depends on the room rate. You can choose larger rooms at the cost of 20000 yen per room or choose smaller room at 5000 yen or so. Some hostels are even cheaper. I think the hotel price is cheaper in Tokyo than in New York, but more expensive than in Bangkok. Kyoto in November 20th to 30th is very expensive due to the autumn foliage, so you might better consider staying in Osaka or in Otsu (Shiga prefecture).

If you stick to the european style dinner including soup, main dish, deserts etc, it will cost more than 3000 yen. Japanese full course menu is also expensive. But after eating 1000 yen buffet lunch (you can find it at many places), you might not want to eat that heavy supper. An apple (100-150 yen, might be nice if you buy in Nagano or Tohoku) and an yogurt (100-150) yen might be enough. Sometimes you might eat Japanese fast food, Gyudon, Udon, Soba which start at 300 yen per meal. You can buy a bread for 150 yen or so. You should decide what to eat, at what price range. If you eat at average restaurants and sometimes buy foods at the supermarket (cheaper than in Konbini), the average food cost should be 2500 yen per day. Of course you can add or reduce the cost. You can eat at MacDonald all the time, but as a Japanese I want you to try Udon, Soba, Donburi, Sushi and Kaiseki (Kaiseki is very expensive, but you can try it at reasonable price at, for example, Manshige in Kyoto station, may be 1500-2500 yen per meal).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread