Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai 4-5 day trip in Nov 2014 2014/9/2 10:44
I plan to go kyoto, osaka and nara in 3rd week of nov 2014 to see autumn leaves. My question is will 4 to 5 days enough with only one day for nara?
by andy chua (guest)  

Re: Kansai 4-5 day trip in Nov 2014 2014/9/2 12:07
You will have enough time within 4-5 days depending on exactly where you want to go, also what dates as the 'koyo'-colors change at different times in different Temples and areas, it's very difficult to predict accurately...your biggest concern will be 'accommodation'!!!...suggest you book NOW!...thousands if not millions of people in Kansai area and tourists from all over Japan and International visitors arrive for the Autumn. Good luck!.
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai 4-5 day trip in Nov 2014 2014/9/2 15:32
I booked my accommodation for that week in Kyoto back in July, and even then I was having issues finding places - had to book into two separate places over four days. You definitely want to book now if you haven't already, or think about staying in a nearby town outside of the city (or even in Osaka, which is a 30 minute train ride away).
by squishybabe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai 4-5 day trip in Nov 2014 2014/9/3 01:17
I'm also going to Kyoto in the 3rd week of November and all the hotels are full when I tried booking in the middle of August. I had to book an apartment from AirBnB.
by jennjane rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai 4-5 day trip in Nov 2014 2014/9/3 03:08
4-5 days is doable but it also depends on what you want to see. Nara can be done in 1 day.

Accommodation-wise, you could make do with a guest house or stay in Osaka as there are more choices for your particular week than in Kyoto.

I went to the same area and at the same time last year, but I booked my accommodations as early as May. Even then a lot of hotel rooms were being snapped up as I booked.
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread