Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

U.S. band with questions about Japan 2014/9/6 12:53
Hi!

My band(from the U.S.) has been invited to do 3 shows in Japan next May and I'm trying to get all the information on visas, etc.

I've heard/read from some that we don't need visas if we stay less than 90 days. We won't be making money from the shows as we are playing them to get our name out. But, I've also heard we do, so I'm confused.

Also, will customs give you problems if you bring guitars into the country?

Thank you to everyone that takes the time to read this. God bless!
by Zac (guest)  

Re: U.S. band with questions about Japan 2014/9/6 21:42
How exciting for you!

I think you need to speak with someone at a Japanese consulate. If you are going with the rules, as long as you are a) staying less than 90 days and b) not making any money during your time in Japan, you should be issued a tourist visa no problem. Also, I've never heard of anyone being stopped for bringing guitars into Japan, so I don't think you'll have any problems there.

However, the word of a random person on an internet forum isn't very satisfying for your peace of mind I think! So I recommend you ask at your nearest Japanese consulate anyway, to get a much surer answer.

Have a great trip!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread