Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/11 06:48
Hello everyone, My friend is from japan and we wanted to make a YouTube channel and the videos will only appeal to those who are in japan or speaks Japanese, we want are videos to be on www.youtube.jp and not www.youtube.com so how can we do this.
by Kisukeyo  

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/11 12:30
Youtube.co.jp is just the Japan facing portal for youtube. The same content is available through either youtube.co.jp or youtube.com and there doesn't seem to be a way to restrict access to a specific one. It doesn't really matter though as if your videos only appeal to Japanese speakers then those using youtube.com likely won't see them anyway (although they could).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/11 13:11
then best have the uploaded video title/tag in Japanese Only.Your video will pop-up when people do a search in Japanese.
Or try niconico,Japan version of youtube.
by InJapanesePlease (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/12 00:49
But when on www.youtube.co.jp you might get different results than on www.youtube.com , like when I am looking for japanese music I find more on www.youtube.co.jp
by Kisukeyo rate this post as useful

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/12 08:05
Still doesn't matter. Japanese people will largely use youtube.co.jp to access your videos while non-Japanese will come in through youtube.com

But why would you want to limit your traffic to one portal anyway? Is there a good reason for this? Because otherwise it just sounds like an artificial, unnecessary restriction that you're trying to implement.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/13 01:14
No, it's just that I we wanted to reach out to the Japanese people for our videos.

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/13 15:17
As everyone has said, there's no such thing as "Japanese youtube". Youtube just has regional settings that customise things such as the recommended videos and popular videos depending on what's popular in each region. You can change the regional settings just by scrolling to the bottom of the screen on the desktop site and selecting a different country. I'm not expert on youtube, but I would assume that that would just change the reccomended/popular video, rather than promoting your video more heavily with Japanese youtube users (just as setting your country to Japan on sites like twitter don't necessary guarantee that your posts will be seen by Japanese people). I would suspect that the only way that you could get more Japanese viewers to see your videos will be to promote it more amongst Japanese speakers outside youtube, or hope it gets lots of views and appears on people's recommended lists.
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/14 01:54
You are uploading to/watching the same content, whichever site you do it from. YouTube can and do block content on a national basis, but this really only relates to videos that include copyrighted content or where there are national legal issues. Even then, it most likely works off your IP address rather than the site you use.

If your titles/notes are in Japanese, you will be picked up by those doing searches in the Japanese language and probably not by those doing English or Romaji searches.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to upload to Japanese Youtube? 2014/9/15 02:07
Thank you all for the information.

reply to this thread