Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting wifi on iphone during trip in Japan 2014/9/12 12:08
We are traveling in Japan for two weeks next month and want to have use of our U.S. iPhones for access to maps, language translations, facetime, etc. We will be in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, Miyajima and Hiroshima.

Would you recommend a pocket wifi, a wifi dongel or a sim card? What is the best option? The research I've done on the topic has left me confused!

Thank you in advance for your help.
by melhog  

Re: Getting wifi on iphone during trip in Japan 2014/9/12 12:51
I've rented a pocket WiFi from GlobalAdvancedComm.com on the last three trips. It works well for me.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Getting wifi on iphone during trip in Japan 2014/9/12 17:45
I'd also recommend a pocket wifi, especially if you plan to stay together. Then you'll just need one for the both of you. Sims may be difficult to set up depending on your phone and require the phone to be unlocked. A dongle won't work with an iphone.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Getting wifi on iphone during trip in Japan 2014/9/13 07:11
I've rented a pocket WiFi from GlobalAdvancedComm.com on the last three trips. It works well for me.

I couldnft agree more: we also have rented from GAC many times, and found it to be an excellent choice.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Re: Getting wifi on iphone during trip in Japan 2014/9/13 10:47
Thank you for the extremely helpful advice. We plan on going with the recommendations to rent the mobile pocket wifi.
by melhog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread