Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Katsura Villa - Reservation for someone else 2014/9/12 21:03
Hello. I would like to visit Katsura Imperial Villa and I worry about the reservation. I will arrive to Kyoto during peak season of autumn colors, but I'm not able to go to the Imperial Household Agency before the very day of visit. Is it possible that somebody else (my friend) will visit the Agency earlier and apply for my tour instead of me personally? If yes, what data about me is necessary?
by Aso0408  

Re: Katsura Villa - Reservation for someone else 2014/9/13 12:32
I had the good fortune to visit the Katsura Imperial Villa last November (16th Nov.) It was very beautiful although the Autumn leaves were only just beginning to change colour, but the gardens are worth the visit. I had a friend in Osaka apply for me on the 1st September 2013, as they run a 'ballot' and not easy to acquire a pass, we were luck and got two for that date we selected. So, yes you can have a friend apply now!!! for you, the agency will require: date of proposed visit, your full name, date of birth, home address and Passport number. If successful your friend will receive the passes in the mail. You 'must' take your passport on the day you visit. Hope that helps, I suggest you make enquiries NOW as the passes go very quickly!. Good luck!.
by Barrieaw rate this post as useful

reply to this thread