Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Question - Hiroshima and Miyajima 2014/9/14 20:59
I will be in Hiroshima from Oct 24-26, going to a concert at Hiroshima Green Arena on the evening of Oct 25 (~5:00 pm start).

We arrive at Hiroshima airport at noon on Oct 24 and leave on the 26th at 9 am.

Is the following schedule too ambitious?

Oct 24 from about 1 pm: spend half a day in Hiroshima for the castle, Peace Park, and Shukkeien Garden. Have dinner (okonomiyaki!) and maybe wander the shopping area.

Oct 25: Leave early to Miyajima to catch the ~10:30 am high tide, walk to Daisho-in shrine, hike the 1.5-2 hrs up to Mt. Misen and then take the ropeway back down. Get on the ferry back to Hiroshima with enough time to get to hotel, freshen up, and go enjoy the concert by 5:00 pm.

Oct 26: fly back to Tokyo at 9:00 am :(
by chocopaws  

Re: Itinerary Question - Hiroshima+Miyajima 2014/9/15 12:00
This looks OK to me.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Question - Hiroshima+Miyajima 2014/9/15 12:02
Yes, very doable!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Question - Hiroshima and Miyajima 2014/9/15 13:33
Thank you so much! Already excited about the concert (Namie!) but also really wanted to take in more cultural and historical aspects while in the area. :)
by chocopaws rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Question - Hiroshima and Miyajima 2014/9/17 09:55
Just thought I'd mention that the Hiroshima/Miyajima aspects are pretty much exactly what we did last year! The only time we felt rushed at all was on the way down from Mt Misen. Maybe we were too leisurely :) definitely two of the very best days of our trip. Enjoy!
by Heidi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Question - Hiroshima and Miyajima 2014/9/21 09:44
Thank you so much for the reassuring words, Heidi! Good to hear first-hand from someone who has done almost exactly the same thing. :)
by chocopaws rate this post as useful

reply to this thread