Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to study in Japan? 2014/9/15 20:53
I have traveled abroad as a student first living on the east side of Germany for 3 months before traveling to China for another 3 months.

China was the last place I ever thought about going but out of the choices we were given (of were we wanted to travel to) it was the furthest from home so I went for it. Cut a long story short it was brilliant but i've had some friends that have visited Japan and have said its even better.

I was thinking of doing a month to 3 month course to get a taste of life there to see if its right for me. Osaka was recommend but i'm not as to which language college is best there.

Also i've been told Yamasa Institute, Okazaki, Aichi is a must go.

If possible I want to avoid places like Toyko which is very cosmopolitan and has that world city vibe.

If anybody can help it would be appreciated, thank you
by IvanFritz  

Re: Best place to study in Japan? 2014/9/16 12:58
If you are frequent Japanese speaker/reader, you may not have much trouble living in the country side of Japan. The other wise, you better to stay in Tokyo or Osaka where you can be used English for both living and studying at least one year. eg, there are more than 2,000 international students in University of Tokyo(Todai), compared to a few or nil in the country side universities.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to study in Japan? 2014/9/16 18:09
I am assuming that IvanFritz is asking about studying at a Japanese language school.

Please have a look at this page:
http://www.nisshinkyo.org/search/area.php?lng=2

You can look at the list of accredited language schools in each prefecture of Japan.

I have heard that Yamasa can be rewarding as it is located a bit away from big city centers, comes with its accommodation, that you get a good immersion there. (I have not been there, though.)

Please have a look around at the site, and inquire with the schools if you find one that interests you :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread