Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel to Hokkaido with JR Rail Pass 2014/9/16 17:14
Hi all
I have again question about my travel to Hokkaido . I'm looking for the quickest way using JR pass and my question is , Can I use hayabusa shinkansen from tokyo to Aomi directly without pay?

Thamnk You
by bdobrotka  

Re: Travel to Hokkaido with JR Rail Pass 2014/9/17 11:18
Yes, you can use the Hayabusa service on the Tohoku Shinkansen with the JR Pass. It's an all-reserved seating train, but it's available to use with the pass.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Hokkaido with JR Rail Pass 2014/9/19 19:42
thank you for answer , it means ,I have to buy ticket for seat before use this train?

Thank You
Brano
by bdobrotka rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Hokkaido with JR Rail Pass 2014/9/19 19:47
You have to get a seat reservation ticket at a JR reversation office beforehand but it's free for JR pass holders. Present your JR pass when passing the manned gate and show your reservation ticket to the inspector (if he comes by).
by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Hokkaido with JR Rail Pass 2014/9/19 19:55
Thank you again people

Re: Travel to Hokkaido with JR Rail Pass 2014/9/20 01:53
The north terminus of Tohoku Shinkansen is Shin-Aomori Station, not Aomori Station.
In Shin-Aomori, you can pass through a transfer gate to another JR line and catch a Limited Express train bound for Hakodate.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e854.html
To get to Sapporo, you can take another Limited Express train from Hakodate.
You can get issued reserved-seat tickets for these Shinkansen and Limited Express trains at one ticket counter of JR Ticket Office.

I'm looking for the quickest way using JR pass and my question is, can I use Hayabusa Shinkansen from Tokyo to Shin-Aomori directly without pay?

Yes, as long as you choose Ordinary Class.
http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en004.html
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Travel to Hokkaido with JR Rail Pass 2014/9/22 17:57
Than You friends again for very usefull helps

Best regards

Brano

reply to this thread