Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Withdrawal fees at Bank of America in Japan 2014/9/17 02:53
I finally was able to open a japanese bank account (Japan post bank) because the Bank of America fees were getting outrageous. I came here with cash usd but Ive been here for a while so I've been withdrawing from 711 atms. I wanted to know if the was a cheaper way than wiring the money to my japan post bank account. Also there seems to be some Bank of America's though they seem to be corporate or business mostly. Does anyone know, by any chance, if there an atm or teller that i can use to withdraw money, that way i wont get charged so much! Any other options would be helpful. Also i have to credit so dont reccomend opening an account that requires credit checking. Thankyou! Im in a pinch having to pay some charges but only in cash or check!
by Denis (guest)  

Re: Withdrawal fees at Bank of America in Japan 2014/9/17 11:25
There are no Bank of America banking locations in Japan.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Withdrawal fees at Bank of America in Japan 2014/9/18 14:16
I came here with cash usd but Ive been here for a while so I've been withdrawing from 711 atms. I wanted to know if the was a cheaper way than wiring the money to my japan post bank account.

Generally wire transfers will be cheapest as long as you keep the transfer amounts relatively high.

Also there seems to be some Bank of America's though they seem to be corporate or business mostly. Does anyone know, by any chance, if there an atm or teller that i can use to withdraw money, that way i wont get charged so much!

BofA doesn't do personal banking in Japan. But the atm fees are generally fairly low, $5 plus around 3% on the exchange. It'll be even cheaper to do a wire transfer if the amounts are a few thousand USD at a time.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Withdrawal fees at Bank of America in Japan 2014/9/21 21:26
Thanks. Yeah... wiring was the best choice. I always withdraw a couple hundred$$ at a time so the fees do add up ($5+3%=is expensive) The process was quite troublesome, but that was on BoA side, and considering I don't have a cellphone it complicated things. The japanese post office was very helpful. Yay success. sayounara
by Denis (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread