Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My daughter is joining Nagoya University 2014/9/17 15:24
Hi all
my daughter is joining nagoya univ in school of economics and j am going with her to drop. I m in nagoya from 20th to 23rd. I need suggestions on following points.
1. She will b shifting to dorms on 22nd and we have three clear days with us. How best these sbould b utilised to make her comfortable with new city. I have been to japan many times earlier but both of us are zero in japanese. I dont want to taker her to touristy places like nagoya castle etc but at places which expose her to local culture and systems and processes helping her in culrural adjustements later on. Any suggestions? We will b staying I
in sakae area.
2. Any suggestiins for pure vegetarian japanese or indian food?
3. Also some advice to reach hotel trusty nagoya sakae in sakae from centrair airport with 80 kg luggage.
with regards
dr manish jain
india
by drjainmanish  

Re: My daughter is joining Nagoya University 2014/9/17 19:04
1. I think you should go to the dorm and walk around. If you are vegetarian, you might want to cook by yourself. You should find some grocery stores or supermarkets around the dorm or between the dorm and the university.

I think there should be a tutor for foreign students, and most probably the tutor is female. Have you contacted with her? She may have some ideas.

2. I am not a vegetarian or I know of vegetarian restaurants in Nagoya, but quick search on google gives you some answer.

http://vegmag.org/search/pref/23/

In recent years, "halal" foods for muslim people became common in University cafeterias. Vegetarian foods follows "halal", I suppose.

3. Please see the link below.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=CENTRAL%20JAPAN...

Take Meitetsu limited express train "Mu-Sky" to Kanayama and change to Nagoya city subway. Mu-Sky has some luggage space.

Hope your daughter to enjoy Japanese life.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread