Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shoryudo Highway Bus Ticket 2014/9/18 15:54
Hi I am planning for a trip in Dec from Takayama to Nagoya, confused about the transport and bus ticket between Meitetsu bus (Shoryudo) and nohi bus service.

1) Wondering does Shoryudo highway bus ticket is more valuable for my trip below or should I use Nohi Bus service which covers Hida Takayama? It has a 4-day pass @7000yen which covers Nagoya, Takayama, Shirakawa and Chubu centrair airport.

Day 1: Takayama to Shirakawago
Day 2: Shirakawago to Nagoya
Day 3: Nagoya
Day 4: Nagoya to Chubu Centrair international Airport

Hope to hear from the expert's advise, thank you in advance.
by jenjenie  

Re: Shoryudo Highway Bus Ticket 2014/9/23 21:03
I think the Shoryudo High Way Bus Ticket only worth if you are travelling from airport (Chubu/Komatsu) & back to airport (Chubu/Komatsu). I have shown the fare calculation below:

1. Takayama to Shirakawago (operated by Nohi bus 2,470 yen)
2. Shirakawago to Nagoya Station (operated by Gifu bus 3,600 yen)
3. Nagoya
4. Nagoya Station to Chubu Centrair Intl' Airport (Meitetsu train 870 yen without reserve seat)

Total 6,940 yen (which is less than 7,000 yen)

Furthermore the voucher collection location is only available at airports or certain bus stations (check the link below). Therefore, I don't think you should purchase the Shoryudo ticket. Hope it helps.

http://www.japanican.com/en/tour/detail/TKT3C006C_/?typecd=PRA

P.S. I have never been to Japan before but I am planning to visit in January next year. All the info provided above are based on my online research.
by Kok Liang rate this post as useful

reply to this thread