Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus route for Ginkakuji, Shinnyodo, Eikando 2014/9/21 20:02
Hi ya,

I'd like to visit these 3 temples on a Saturday in November: Ginkakuji, Shinnyodo and Eikando.

Where can I find the bus schedule and route for #100 Raku bus, or bus no.5?

If I know the bus route, I can plan the itinerary better. Also is it better to see autumn illumination at Shinnyodo, Eikando or Nanzenji Temple? I can only pick one that night.

Much appreciated.
by hojo36 (guest)  

Re: Bus route for Ginkakuji, Shinnyodo, Eikando 2014/9/22 08:40
Where can I find the bus schedule and route for #100 Raku bus, or bus no.5?

Both lines generally opereate every 10 minutes, so timetables are not necessary unless you want to know from when to when they operate.

Here are the timetables:
http://www.arukumachikyoto.jp/bus_route_map.php?lang=en

If I know the bus route, I can plan the itinerary better. Also is it better to see autumn illumination at Shinnyodo, Eikando or Nanzenji Temple? I can only pick one that night.

Eikando and Nanzenji's Tenjuan are equally amazing. They are just a 5 minute walk from each other. Why not visit both?

I don't think that Shinnyodo has evening illuminations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Bus route for Ginkakuji, Shinnyodo, Eikando 2014/9/22 10:56
Sweet, thanks Uji. This map tool is really helpful. If I can convince the wife to go to both temples for autumn illumination, I would.

Do you know if both temples allow you to bring a monopod/tripod for photography?

by hojo36 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus route for Ginkakuji, Shinnyodo, Eikando 2014/9/22 11:03
Generally, the temples do not allow for tripods and monopods during illuminations. But I do not remember the exact policies of the two temples in question.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread