Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ATMs in Japan 2014/9/23 00:44
Hello everyone!

I'm writing to ask you all about the following notice that I have found on this website:

Important Notice regarding Maestro cards with IC chips
International ATMs across Japan, including ATMs at post offices and 7-Bank ATMs at 7-Eleven stores, are currently not accepting Maestro cards with IC chips (except cards issued in the Asia/Pacific region, Canada and the Netherlands). Efforts are ongoing to restore acceptance of the cards (7-Bank announced a resumption of acceptance for around late 2015). The only ATMs accepting the affected cards are Aeon Bank ATMs (see list).

Can anyone confirm that the Aeon Bank ATMs are currently accepting foreign cards? Mine is a Mastercard (thus Maestro) from Italy.
I'm asking because on the website of the Italian Ambassy in Japan Aeon bank is not mentioned at all, it is only said that ATMs do not accept Maestro cards, period.

Thank you
by Francis (guest)  

Re: ATMs in Japan 2014/9/23 16:08
Aeon Bank Homepage says their ATMs accept oversea issued Maesto cards for withdrawal and balance check.
https://www.aeonbank.co.jp/atm/card/securities_credit/oversea/fee/#anc...

I don't see many of Aeon ATMs in Japan. They only locate in the large Aeon supermarkets and as so called mini-supermarkets under Aeon subsidize.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: ATMs in Japan 2014/9/24 04:39
Mine is a Mastercard (thus Maestro) from Italy.

If yur card has a "MasterCard" logo on it, it is not a Maestro. The Maestro cards are those with the "Maestro" logo on them.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread