Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gifts for my hosts 2014/9/23 00:53
Hello everyone!

I am a student from Italy, and in October I'm staying in Japan as an exchange student, working in a Biomedical Lab.
During my stay I will live with two Japanese families (the first 2 weeks with one, the other 2 with the other) in their houses.

I'm writing to ask what would be a suitable gift to bring to my hosts in Japan (assuming it is customary to bring something: it is in Italy!). I was thinking about some traditional cookies from my hometown, but I don't know if it's appropriate to give food.

Thank you all

I
by Francis (guest)  

Re: Gifts for my hosts 2014/9/23 10:31
A food native to your country or hometown would be nice. Like maybe a type of candy.
by SSJ Jup81 rate this post as useful

Re: Gifts for my hosts 2014/9/23 10:33
Food is a good gift, but you could mix things up and give a small bag of different stuff. Cookies are good; little bottles of alcohol/local products are good; postcards, tourist-y souvenirs and the like, etc. are all good. I usually prefer to bring a sort of grab-bag of various cheaper stuff instead of one more expensive present, just in case the receiver doesn't like it!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Gifts for my hosts 2014/9/23 16:11
Cookies, Chocolates and Candies are widely accepted.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread