Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

11 Days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Takayama 2014/9/23 11:35
hi all, this is my first trip to Japan, decided to head to Osaka and forgo visiting Mt Fuji. I have my rough details of my itinerary planned out in the table below, but yet to finalise. we are looking to visit more of scenic views and shopping and eating... have a few questions and hope you guys could help me out/advise... thanks in advance!!!

Day 1 26-Jan-15 9.20pm arrived at
Osaka airport and
travel to hotel which
is in Namba area
Day 2 27-Jan-15 Osaka –namba/umeda
Day 3 28-Jan-15 Osaka –tourist
attractions (shrines
and castles)
Day 4 29-Jan-15 Checked out from
Osaka and travel to
Kyoto ( Nishiki
market, Gion)
Day 5 30-Jan-15 Kyoto – Arayashima
Day 6 31-Jan-15 From Kyoto to nara
Day 7 1-Feb-15 From Kyoto to kobe
Day 8 2-Feb-15 Kyoto to
Takayama/Shirakwago
Day 9 3-Feb-15 Takayama/Shirakwago
Day 10 4-Feb-15 Takayama/Shirakwago –
back to Osaka (Namba
area, last min
shopping/eating)
Day 11 5-Feb-15 Osaka - Rinku Premium
Outlet – Osaka
airport – night
flight back

1)Should I be buying 7 Days JR pass to use from Day 4 to Day 10?

2)Could you recommend any passes to use for my stay in Osaka, most probably will be staying in Namba area and travelling to the main tourist attractions in Osaka, shrines and castles etc

3)Can the JR pass be used for travelling between Kyoto to Takayama and back from takayama to Osaka? And also from Kyoto back and fro from kobe and nara?

4)Im thinking of going for the shirakwago ropeways, and staying in a gass house in takyama with hot springc is there other things to do there during winter? Like leisure hiking etc? anyone can recommend the itinerary in takayama area?

5) Is Rinku premium outlet near Osaka airport? do we need to train or its walking distance as we have our luggages with us after checking out from the hotel.

thank you!!!

by shu (guest)  

Re: 11 Days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Takayama 2014/9/23 19:19
I don't think JR pass will pay off.

Since all your journey is rather short is not even worthwhile to get kansai pass.

Pls note JR don't have direct train to Nanba from Kansai Airport only Nankai has it. Subway is more convenient then JR Osaka Loop, which is not included in the JR Kansai pass.

I suggest you get this for takayama
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html

Maybe a return ticket with Nankai between Kansai and Nanba. The other journey with ICOCA (rechargeable smart card)
by Jensen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 11 Days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Takayama 2014/10/9 16:02
thanks for the input!

i have made some changes to the itinerary so i am able to visit Shirakawa-go lights up over the wkend. however, i have some qns regarding travelling in takayama to Shirakawa-go. i am intending to visit the place on a sunday, roam around the area until the evening time on a free and easy basis. however, i was going through the niho bus schedule, it seems that there isnt any buses going back to takayama from Shirakawa-go in the evening time. could anyone advise me on this/how should i go about it?

thank you in adv!!!
by shuuhs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 11 Days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Takayama 2014/10/9 16:23
Catch the last bus back or stay in one of the farm house. Be aware there will probably lots of people going Shirakawa-go during the weekend, in additions to foreign tourists, there would be local tourists too.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: 11 Days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Takayama 2014/10/25 00:13
My revised itinerary will be as follows:

Day 1
27-Jan-15
9.20pm arrived at Osaka airport and travel to hotel which is in Namba area
Day 2
28-Jan-15
Osaka –namba/umeda
Day 3
29-Jan-15
Osaka –nara
Day 4
30-Jan-15
Osaka - kobe
Day 5
31-Jan-15
Osaka to Takayama/Shirakwago
Day 6
1-Feb-15
Takayama/shin hokata ropes way
Day 7
2-Feb-15
Takayama/Shirakwago – back to Kyoto ( Nishiki market, Gion)
Day 8
3-Feb-15
Kyoto – Arayashima area
Day 9
4-Feb-15
Checked out from Kyoto and travel to Osaka
Day 10
5-Feb-15
Osaka : tourist attractions/shopping
Day 11
6-Feb-15
Osaka - Rinku Premium Outlet – Osaka airport – night flight back

In this case, will the takayama-hokuriku-tourist-pass
Be used on day 5 to travel from osaka to takayama and also day 7 from takayama back to kyoto?

Or should I just buy single trip ticket to these places?

Thank you!!!
by Shu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 11 Days in Osaka/Kyoto/Nara/Kobe/Takayama 2015/1/15 03:33
Hey, I will be heading to osaka/kyoto during that period too. Just to let you know that there will be the setsubun festival happening from 2-4th Feb.http://www.kyotoguide.com/ver2/event/event%20archive2-.htm
by Tammy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread