Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass 2014/9/26 18:48
Hi,

I have few questions regarding the Takayama Hokuriku tourist pass.I will be arriving in Nagoya late October :

1.Does the pass covers the train from Chubu Centrair Airport to Nagoya Station?If so,could I exchange the pass in the airport itself?
2.How about Nagoya local trains
(JR and subways),is it included in the pass?
3.I read that the pass offers unlimited access for limited express trains,so just to confirm does it mean the Wide View Hida train to Takayama?

Thanks in advance :)
by Marina (guest)  

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass 2014/9/26 21:58
The train from Centrair is not a JR train.
The Hida Wide View is a Limited Express train.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass 2014/9/26 22:43
The Hida Wide View is a Limited Express train.

Yes. And since this Takayama Hokuriku area pass is a "pass", theoretically you can go back and forth from Nagoya to Takayama using Limited Express Wide View Hida. If you use non-reserved seat, you can do unlimited rides. Further you can take four reservations during your itinerary (5 days max).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass 2014/9/26 23:19
Thanks for the replies.
How about the local train in Nagoya (JR and subways)? Or does the pass just covers trains enroute to Takayama?

by Marina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass 2014/9/26 23:34
How about the local train in Nagoya (JR and subways)?

Subway in Nagoya is Nagoya municipal subway, so it is not covered by any JR pass. As for JR, this pass covers only Tokaido line to Gifu from Nagoya in the Nagoya city area. East bound Tokaido line is not covered.

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass 2014/9/29 09:44
Oh okay understood.So the only place I could exchange the pass is at the JR office or JR Tokai tour office at Nagoya Station then?
by Marina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama Hokuriku Tourist Pass 2014/9/29 20:09
So the only place I could exchange the pass is at the JR office or JR Tokai tour office at Nagoya Station then?

Around Nagoya, yes, Nagoya station. I can not find in the brochure where can one exchange MCO to actual pass, but at least you can at JR Nagoya station. Judging from the area the Pass covers, one might be able to exchange some major stations such as Osaka and Kyoto.

reply to this thread