Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/9/28 09:13
Hello,

I am looking at going to Amanohashidate from Kyoto. It looks like the quickest way is to use the Hashidate Limited Express train.

According to this site (http://seasidekyoto.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/how-to-get-to-amanohashidate-by-train.html) the first Hashidate Limited Express is #1 and leaves Kyoto at 09:25AM.

However, when I do a search on Hyperdia it never shows Hashidate Limited Express #1, the earliest one it shows is Hashidate Limited Express #3 which doesn't depart until 10:25AM.

I was just wondering if there was a season why Hashidate Limited Express #1 doesn't show up on Hyperdia. Does this train still run?
by NickHall  

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/9/28 10:56
I don't know what you do wrong, because it shows up for me. Here is the timetable information for Hashidate #1:

09:25 Kyoto
11:22 Amanohashidate

It runs everyday.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/9/28 11:02
Unless you plan to stay in Amanohashidate overnight, I wouldn't recommend taking this train, as it will make you arrive quite late and not leave you much time (remember that night falls early in Japan). The "quickest" train is not much help if it departs late. ;)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/9/28 11:44
I did this exact trip two months ago. We went from Kyoto to Kinosaki Onsen with a stop midday at Amanohashidate. And it is not impossible at all. Just know what you're doing.

--Ltd Exp Hashidate #1 from Kyoto to Amanohashidate
0925 - 1122
--Purchased the Amanohashidate Pass at Amanohashidate Station
--Walked to the Pier, took the boat to Ichinomiya, took the cable car up to Kasamatsu, spent about 20 minutes at the top, then back to Amanohashidate Station
--Ltd Exp Hashidate #4 from Amanohashidate to Fukuchiyama 1354 - 1433
--Ltd Exp Kinosaki #5 from Fukuchiyama to Kinosaki Onsen
1444 - 1549
Then we were able to relax in the Onsen town the rest of the night.

It was fast, but it was easily doable. Of course, we are accustomed to fast paced travel.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/9/28 12:00
And it is not impossible at all.

I didn't say it was "impossible", I said it "wouldn't leave much time". Of course, this is subjective. To me, six hours (let alone two) is not much time. Hence why I said I wouldn't recommend it, not "don't do it, it's impossible".
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/9/29 00:14
There is an alternate route that I did last April and gets you to Amanohashidate at 11:15.
Take the 8:36 LE Maizuru #1 from Kyoto to Nishimaizuru, arriving at 10:03. Transfer to the Tango Akamatsu 1 departing at 10:15 which arrives at Amanohashidate at 11:15.
For this part of the route you can't use the JRPass if you have one. But there is a Kyoto Sea Area Pass for 1600 JPY which covers the train and the boat and cable car.
Pay the extra 310JPY to ride in the special car - you might need a reservation - it can be done online (in Japanese though).
http://ktr-tetsudo.jp/matsu/
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/9/29 09:46
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

It seems if I do a Hyperdia search for September the Hashidate Limited Express #1 shows up, but if I do a search for October it doesn't show up. So maybe it is just a case of Hyperdia not having their schedules for October updated yet.

The Hashidate Limited Express #1 gets to Amanohashidate at 11:22am and then we can catch the Hashidate Limited Express #8 back to Kyoto which departs at 17:36pm, which will give us a good 6 hours in Amanohashidate. Or the Hashidate Limited Express #10 leaves at 18:46pm if we want to stay a bit longer.
by NickHall rate this post as useful

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/10/18 17:31
Hello again,

How crowded does Amanohashidate get on weekends? I was thinking of travelling there tomorrow, but was thinking that maybe it is better to leave it until Monday to avoid heavy crowds.
by NickHall rate this post as useful

Re: Hashidate Limited Express #1 2014/10/18 19:41
If you have the choice weekdays are always better. But you should check the weather too.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread