Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo, Sapporo and Hakodate Card Confusion 2014/9/28 16:04
So, I have done a lot of research on Kitaca, Suica, and Shinkansen usage... But I'm still confused.

I'll be going to Tokyo, Sapporo and a Hakodate-daytrip, and will be using the Tokyo subways, Sapporo Subways & Trams, Hakodate Trams, as well as Sapporo-Hakodate day/roundtrip via Shinkansen... And of course will be using JR trains.
So what cards and Shinkansen Tickets exactly should I get to cover them all?

*There's too many methods in the internet, so I'm lost now after reading them all.
by Chrisin (guest)  

Re: Tokyo, Sapporo and Hakodate Card Confusion 2014/9/28 18:45
You seem very confused... For starters, there is no Shinkansen between Sapporo and Hakodate. And the trip using the regular trains takes about three and a half hours, so I wouldn't recommend it for a daytrip.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo, Sapporo and Hakodate Card Confusion 2014/9/28 18:45
Suica will cover everything in Tokyo and Sapporo as explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

As for Hakodate, you will have to pay the trams separately.

Also, the trains between Sapporo and Hakodate cannot be paid with an IC card. And there won't be shinkansen trains between the two cities for another 20 years.

I strongly recommend to fly between Tokyo and Hokkaido. If you don't, a 7-day Japan Rail Pass will come cheaper for the long-distance train rides between Tokyo and Hokkaido.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo, Sapporo and Hakodate Card Confusion 2014/9/28 18:57
I will be flying from Tokyo to Sapporo...
But Sapporo to Hakodate daytrip I plan to use SuperHokuto as my objective there is just to visit the Morning Market and Goryokaku Tower.

Problem is, there's this R-ticket thing that I don't understand. It says valid for 6 days, and can reserve seats. How do I reserve seats using that? Can I buy/reserve 2 days before my Hakodate trip?

As for the IC Card, meaning I can use ONLY Suica for everything? Including Sapporo subway, Sapporo Trams and Hakodate Trams?

by ctayjs rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo, Sapporo and Hakodate Card Confusion 2014/9/28 19:02
*My Hakodate trip. I plan to ride the earliest train (6.30am or so), as it reaches Hakodate at 10am. Enough time for me to visit the Market till 1pm, then to Goryokaku until 4-5pm.
After that, its another train ride back to Sapporo.

Using LtdExpress Super Hokuto.
by ctayjs rate this post as useful

reply to this thread