Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass and other passes 2014/10/1 08:16
Hello there,

I was looking around the internet and in this forum if my question is already answered. It kind of was but I am still so confused that I hope someone can help me.

My husband and I will travel to Japan for the first time. Now I try to find out which trains we need to take and if the JR Pass (or other passes) makes sense for us.

I am confused with the trains and information on the internet. Is there a trustful website that shows all train options? I looked at the website www.hyperdia.com but it doesn't give all options and it also showed wrong prices and times.

And do I buy tickets on a certain website or should I buy the ticket at the station?

I also don't know how I can find out if buying the JR Pass really saves me money.

This is our travel plan:

1. Tokyo to Hakone: Do, 16.Oktober
2. Hakone to Kyoto: Fr, 17.Oktober
3. Kyoto to Fukuoke: 19. Oktober
4. Fukuoka to Nara: 24. Oktober
5. Matsumoto to Tokyo: 27.Okt

For those 5 trips we will use the train (in between we rent a car at Fukuoke car and in Nara).

I very much appreciate every helpful info and recommendation.

Thank you!!!!!
by Diana Schulz (guest)  

Re: JR Pass and other passes 2014/10/1 10:46
Hyperdia is accurate; you might be having trouble with Fukuoka. The main station in Fukuoka is called Hakata (old name for the city) - Fukuoka station is in a completely different part of the country! Read this for more information on how to use Hyperdia and other train sites:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2323.html
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass and other passes 2014/10/1 10:46
I looked at the website www.hyperdia.com but it doesn't give all options and it also showed wrong prices and times.

What makes you think so?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass and other passes 2014/10/2 01:56
Oh right, I understand now. Looks like Hyperdia was right and I typed in the wrong station. Thanks a lot for the hint. ;-)
by Diana Schulz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread