Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/3 16:11
I will arrive Yufuin around 2.15pm.
Besides walking around Lake Kinrin and its main street, any place around the Station that I should not missed?
I intend to leave around 5pm.
Thank you.
by Jasmin (guest)  

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/3 17:36
Why not hire a bike from the station and take a leisurely spin round the town?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/3 17:39
Thanks for your suggestion.
Quite often I like to walk so that I can walk, stop and see anytime anywhere.
Thanks.
by Jasmin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/3 18:53
Me too.

But with only three hours, you might be a bit pushed for time.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/4 02:09
You can sample some sample foods, i.e. pickles in the shops near the station.
The street to Kinrin lake is filled with street foods and souvenirs. The straw hut on the lake is the mixed gender onsen managed by the town and honor payment. The Kamenoi ryokan property has a souvenir shop and café in the old warehouse converted attic.
Also big local craft shop, if you follow the creek and big tour bus parking lot.
The station platform on the north end has free foot onsen bath. There are more, if you had time.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/4 09:20
amazinga
Your advice is very helpful and has given me something to explore when I walk from the Station to Lake Kinrin.
I read that the lake is small and a walk around can be completed in less than half an hour The lake is special with both hot and warm water.
Is this as claimed?
Thanks.

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/4 12:37
Yes, Kinrin-ko is small and can easily be looked around in less than 30 min. But to see it covered in a blanket of mist it is best to be there during the break of dawn which means it is advisable to stay a night in Yufuin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUq8iELEH24

Another interesting place worth a look is the Yufuin Floral Village.
http://www.floral-village.jp/

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/4 13:12
Hi william5
Looking at the location of Yufuin Floral Village, it should be somewhere between Yufuin Station and Lake Kinrin.
I should be able to "detour" slightly to take a look.
As the website is in Japanese which I can't read, anything there worth noting?
Thanks.

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/4 21:30
The village opened in 2011 but we haven't been there yet as we were in Yufuin in 2010. It is said to be modeled around a countryside village in southeast England with tiny toy-like cottages creating a picturesque surrounding for a relaxing stroll. There is also a small Peter Rabbit petting zoo, free admission for the village but 300 yen entry fee for the zoo. Below is a blog written in English with photos of the village.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/18/visit-kikis-bakery-at-a-unique-f...

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: 3 hours in Yufuin 2014/10/4 21:50
Thanks for the info.
It is very helpful.

reply to this thread