Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking of Sunrise Seto/Izumo 2014/10/5 16:34
Hi

Booking of Sunrise Seto/Izumo NobiNobi seats using JR Pass

I am scheduled to arrive at Tokyo Narita Airport on 22 November 2014 at around 7pm. I have purchased the JR Pass for 7 days and I would like to take the next available overnight train from Tokyo to Himeji as my destination is Kyoto. Is it possible for me to book the overnight train from Sunrise Seto/Izumo that is scheduled to depart from Tokyo at around 10pm on 22 November itself to arrive in Himeji on the morning of 23 November? I want to save on travel costs so I will be travelling on NobiNobi seats.

Additionally, I would also like to ask about booking a seat on the same overnight train from Osaka to arrive back at Tokyo on the morning of 29 November.

Thanks for your help!
by zhems  

Re: Booking of Sunrise Seto/Izumo 2014/10/5 17:08
Is it possible for me to book the overnight train from Sunrise Seto/Izumo that is scheduled to depart from Tokyo at around 10pm on 22 November itself

Only if there are vacancies left. Considering that it is a long weekend during the peak of the autumn color season, there will most likely be no vacancies, especially not nobi nobi carpet compartments.

I want to save on travel costs so I will be travelling on NobiNobi seats.

If you want to save money, you better take an overnight bus:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2366.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Booking of Sunrise Seto/Izumo 2014/10/5 17:24
Hi Uji

Thanks for the quick response! I would like to clarify on 3 things.

Firstly, is it possible to book the NobiNobi seats on the overnight train before I arrive in Tokyo?

Secondly, if no to the earlier question, is it likely to be possible for me to book the NobiNobi seats on overnight train from Osaka to reach Tokyo on 29 November morning when I arrive in Tokyo on 22 November?

Lastly, can I use my JR Pass to book the overnight JR Bus from Tokyo to Osaka, and for the return trip? The link mentioned that JR Highway buses are no longer bookable via JR Pass

If none of these options are viable, I will consider staying in Tokyo for 1 night on 22 November before taking the bullet train to Osaka on the morning of 23 November.

Appreciate your assistance on this!
by zhems rate this post as useful

Re: Booking of Sunrise Seto/Izumo 2014/10/5 21:52
Firstly, is it possible to book the NobiNobi seats on the overnight train before I arrive in Tokyo?

It can be reserved at any JR ticket office across Japan. But not from outside of Japan.

Secondly, if no to the earlier question, is it likely to be possible for me to book the NobiNobi seats on overnight train from Osaka to reach Tokyo on 29 November morning when I arrive in Tokyo on 22 November?

I am not sure, but I hear that nobinobi seats are generally very popular, especially on weekends. I think there is a high risk that they will be sold out by the 22nd.

Lastly, can I use my JR Pass to book the overnight JR Bus from Tokyo to Osaka, and for the return trip?

No, buses are not covered.

If travel by bus, I recommend Willer:
http://willerexpress.com/

by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Booking of Sunrise Seto/Izumo 2014/10/6 01:57
No, buses are not covered.

More precisely, long distance (express) JR buses are not covered. Most local JR bus lines are covered, especially those serving popular tourist areas.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread