Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

4 day first time tour in Japan 2014/10/9 05:19
I'm visiting with my 1 yr old son on Feb 19-22, 2015 via Narita. The only thing in our itinerary is a 1 day tour in Disneyland (Feb 20) We plan to stay within Tokyo only. Please advise what other great destinations in the area won't entail too much or long travel hours. We still don't have hotel to stay since we will consider the other destinations.

I'm also considering if I should get a tour package so I won't have to think about these much - butI haven't decided on those tour agencies yet. Suggestions?

Please please help me make decisions - am not just good in organizing tours. But would really like to have a great time in Japan. Thanks!
by CJ (guest)  

Re: 4 day first time tour in Japan 2014/10/9 12:01
You could try the Studio Ghibli museum, it's got lots of activities for kids. It is set up for Japanese speakers, but it's very enjoyable for English speakers too! It's in Mitaki, in Tokyo.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4 day first time tour in Japan 2014/10/9 12:34
Mitaka, west of Tokyo on the Chuo line.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 4 day first time tour in Japan 2014/10/9 14:51
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4 day first time tour in Japan 2014/10/13 03:26
It will be very cold in Tokyo during Feb !!
What about Ramen Museum or Onsen?
If your son is still small, he can join you in the female section! It might be fun and very different experience! (OnsenTipster.com)
Or Robot Park in Roppongi Hills? How about Ueno zoo? There is a legoland too but maybe that's not particularly Japanese.... It might be nice to walk around Imperial Palace & Gardens... but not sure how entertaining it will be for your son..KidZania is a fun place for kids but maybe he is too young?

Anyways hope this helps! have a great time :-))
by pekopokokiki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4 day first time tour in Japan 2014/10/13 10:57
Jan to early Feb can be like the arctic, but it eases a bit towards the end of February in Tokyo and can be quite pleasant on a sunny day.

Check out Odaiba, near Disneyland - it's pretty much full of mini theme park sites with stuff to do, and there's a giant Gundam robot. Ueno zoo is a bit soviet, but the school groups that were there were absolutely loving it.

For the Ghibli museum, check out the ticketing arrangements. You can't just go there and queue. I think it's to stop it getting too crowded. You buy your ticket in advance from an agent or from an ATM in a convenience store.

If he likes small furry creatures, your son might like Tokyo's cat cafes and rabbit cafes.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread