Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train from Kyoto to Nozawa on 2 January 2014/10/10 14:23
Hello

Just trying to figure out if I will encounter problems booking train travel from Kyoto to Nozawa Onsen on 2 January.

We are two families (9) and won't arrive in Kyoto until 29 December to validate our JR passes and reserve seats on the connections between Kyoto-Nagoya-Nagano-Nozawa. I know this is a very busy holiday period so a bit concerned as to whether we will have difficulty making train bookings only a few days in advance.

Grateful for any advice

Clayton
by Clayto  

Re: Train from Kyoto to Nozawa on 2 January 2014/10/10 16:59
I've been travelling on the first, and it was madness. Generally on the second you'd expect people to be coming home to the cities, but in 2015 that'll be a Friday, so my guess is that it could be hard. you cant push it off until the Sunday? Most of the travellers would be going the other way, then.

That's only a guess, by the way. A kinda informed one, but still a guess.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Train from Kyoto to Nozawa on 2 January 2014/10/14 16:00
Thanks Lazy Pious

Do you think our chances of getting a seat would be improved by buying a Green Class JR Rail ticket?

by Clayto rate this post as useful

reply to this thread