Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko day trip under rain due to typhoon 2014/10/12 10:53
Hi,

Was wondering if would be wise to cancel my day trip tomorrow to nikko due to the rain... Was going to use the all day pass from tobu but the weather is putting me off....

Maybe Kamakura would be better in the rain.. Or just skip a day trip all together and stay in Tokyo?

We are off to Korea and back to Japan to see takayama, shirakawago and Kyoto for another 7 days so maybe I wont miss much?

What you guys think?
by paul76  

Re: Nikko day trip under rain due to typhoon 2014/10/12 11:02
Intense rain is not forecast until Tuesday, so a risk of getting stuck due to stopped transportation is very low. But as you write, rain is forecast to start from around noon on Monday and intensify in the late afternoon and evening.

Whether to go or not depends on how much you want to see these places. Sounds from your post that you are not very interested. So, I would suggest to just stay in Tokyo. Kyoto is the place to go for traditional buildings, anyways.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko day trip under rain due to typhoon 2014/10/12 11:27
Thanks for the quick reply Uji... I really wanted to see the sites in the area but I'm a bit concerned the day will be ruined by the constant rain... I heard Kamakura could by quite nice in the rain and that's why I thought maybe I'd change my plans.

Just made me wonder if the 2hr trip there and back on same day on a holiday was worth despite the weather..
by paul76 rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko day trip under rain due to typhoon 2014/10/12 12:14
I think Nikko would be nicer in the rain than Kamakura if you go with appropriate, waterproof clothing. But I would avoid the Okunikko area (around Lake Chuzenjiko). Despite the weather, traffic jams can be expected there tomorrow.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread