Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takano Cake Takeout? 2014/10/13 12:58
Hi, I have a question. I'll be going to Takano Honten at Shinjuku during my trip but I want to takeaway a slice of cake and some sweets. Problem is I want to eat it right away...
*I think there isn't any free seats there.

What should I do? (Cause apparently walking while eating & public eating is rude)

by ctayjs  

Re: Takano Cake Takeout? 2014/10/13 15:04
You mean you want to eat Takano's (the fruit parlor place in Shinjuku, I assume?), but not in their cafe, but take it out, and then eat it right away?

I would eat in their cafe (of course you want some nice coffee or tea with that...:)) or take it back to the hotel room. I believe it would do justice to eat it seated with coffee or tea...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Takano Cake Takeout? 2014/10/13 15:20
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Takano Cake Takeout? 2014/10/13 15:23
If you are anxious to be a department store, then the admission fee is required but quite distant or Shinjuku Gyoen, but there is also a Shinjuku Central Park.

Re: Takano Cake Takeout? 2014/10/13 15:28

According to the website of the Shinjuku Gyoen, it does not seem to put in yet.
At the timing when you go, please check the website.
http://www.env.go.jp/garden/shinjukugyoen/english/index.html

Re: Takano Cake Takeout? 2014/10/14 07:55
There is a parfait lounge called "Paferio" in Shinjuku Takano Honten next to the cake section.
http://takano.jp/parlour/shinjuku-paferio/index.html

Paferio might allow you to eat cakes you bought from the next section while you are ordering a paferio menu(which is no cheap). You must ask the staff in the parfait section first make sure you have the permission to eat cakes there. Once you get the permission, go to the cake section and ask the staff to eat it in the parfait lounge.
The parfait section was used to be a cafe section until a few years ago but no longer serving tea or coffee, only serving parfaits.

The "Paferio" often organizes cooking classes(3-4 times a month for 3 hours for each), thus you are unable to use the lounge during the class session. Ask the staff for more info there.

Alternatively, there is a Takano cafe near JR Shinjuku Station West Exit. The cafe serves cakes, coffee and tea, lunch and supper. You can buy and eat cakes inside the cafe or take it home. The problem is the cafe is in discrete and hidden location, it will be straightforward once you have visited there previously but easily get to lost if you are there for the first time. I can't even explain how to get there.

The cafe is located in Tokyo Metro Building B1F, Metro food street(Metro Shokudo-gai),
address: 1-1-2 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
Open:10:00-21:00(Sun-Wed), 10:00-21:30(Thu-Sat), the last order is 30 mins before the cafe closes.
http://takano.jp/parlour/shinjuku-west/index.html
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread