Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuurin (windchimes) in Kyoto or Tokyo 2014/10/15 19:24
Hi all,

My mother specifically wants me to bring her back a Japanese windchime from my trip. I realize they're more of a summer thing but does anyone know a store in Kyoto or Tokyo that would sell them specifically glass ones? I've seen one or two in souvenir shops in touristy areas like fushimi inari but they don't look like good quality paintings. Thanks for any and all help.
by Chasingme (guest)  

Re: Fuurin (windchimes) in Kyoto or Tokyo 2014/10/16 11:41
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuurin (windchimes) in Kyoto or Tokyo 2014/10/16 11:45
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Fuurin (windchimes) in Kyoto or Tokyo 2014/10/16 18:52
My local daiso still has them, so check daiso in Tokyo and they may still carry them in stock.

Also, my dad likes the bell-shaped ones you can buy on Asakusa-dori as well, just as something a little less fragile.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Fuurin (windchimes) in Kyoto or Tokyo 2014/10/16 22:03
Maybe Tokyu Hands? I saw a big display there in early summer, but it's possible they might have a small selection available year-round. Go to one of the larger branches, like Shinjuku or Shibuya. (There's one in Kyoto now, but it's a small one.)
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuurin (windchimes) in Kyoto or Tokyo 2014/10/19 07:40
http://rurousha.blogspot.jp/2014/07/edo-wind-chimes-air-con-for-your-s...

This is a good article on Windchimes with a link to a fuurin maker near Okachimachi.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread