Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass-Tokyo-Nikko-Nagoya-Takayama 2014/10/20 10:19
May I ask for inputs if a JR Pass is more suitable for our whole stay in Japan for 8 days?
[/]1. We're planning for 4 days in Tokyo particularly coming from Shinjuku area and then 1 day in Nikko (Via JR from Shinjuku).
Alternative ride to get to Nikko would be purchasing rapid tickets and separate passes to temples and shrines in Nikko via through Asakusa which is I guess is cheaper (but Shinjuku-Asakusa means many change trains).

[/]2. We're planning to go to Nagoya from Tokyo (we'll be exiting Japan through Nagoya).
Bullet train via Shinkansen

[/]3. Nagoya to Takayama (via JR) then local bus to Shirakawago and vice versa (back to Nagoya)
- Alternative: Take the local buses from Nagoya to Takayama

Apologies for the lengthy post. Appreciate anyone's thoughts for this.We're only travelling in a group of 3.
by khae0228 (guest)  

Re: JR Pass-Tokyo-Nikko-Nagoya-Takayama 2014/10/20 13:39
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

1)
JR PASS not covered via Asakusa to Nikko by Toubu Railway(not JR line).

BTW,is this plan Tokyo[HND/NRT] in Nagoya[NGO] out?
or back to Tokyo again after Nagoya?
by wdp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass-Tokyo-Nikko-Nagoya-Takayama 2014/10/20 14:09
Rule of thumb is a Tokyo-Kyoto return is needed to make a 7 day JR Pass pay off.
Use www.hyperdia.com and uncheck Nozomi and Private railway.
Think in Yen.
If the cost of your trips adds up to less than the value of a 7 day JR Pass then it will not be worth it.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass-Tokyo-Nikko-Nagoya-Takayama 2014/10/20 21:45
Thank you. I'll check that out!
It's for Narita to Nagoya. We're exiting Japan from Nagoya. No return trip to Tokyo.
So Im ruling out that JR passes are really meant for lengthy trips, don't think that would cover much of our stay.

Thank you very much :)
by khae0228 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread