Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tips for a 2-week trip? 2014/10/22 09:24
I'm planning a 2 week trip around May of next year for my boyfriend and me. Just looking for some tips mainly so we won't feel rushed and don't spend unnecessary amounts of money. I lived in Japan for 3 years so the trip is mostly so he can experience it. We would like to definitely stay around Tokyo for a while but I want him to experience more than just Tokyo. On that note, I would like to take him around Hiroshima/Miyajima/Iwakuni since I used to live in that area, just wondering if it would be easy to accomplish tokyo and go down south to those places in a 2 week trip.

2 General questions I have:

-Would a budget of $5000 be enough? (Our airfare is free so that isn't calculated into the cost)

-Is it worth it to buy the 14 day Rail Pass?

Any other tips you would like to give would be much appreciated :)
by tash (guest)  

Re: Tips for a 2-week trip? 2014/10/22 13:06
The 14-day JR pass would only pay off if you did a lot of long-distance travel in that time. If you're going to stay around one area, then maybe look at a local pass or no pass at all.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tips for a 2-week trip? 2014/10/22 18:59
If you plan to go from Tokyo to Hiroshima and return to Tokyo within 7 days, then the 7 day JR pass will be the best deal for you.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tips for a 2-week trip? 2014/10/22 23:03
Oh these budget questions.. we don't know your spending habits... so it depends on a a lot of factors. Is accomodation (Hostel, business hotel, airbnb apartment, hotel, maybe a ryokan for a night?) already included?

$5000 divided by 14 days = roughly $357 a day ($178 for each of you a day)

Do you wanna eat out? How much are you willing to spend on food? What about shopping (souvenirs)? What about public transportation not covered by JR pass?

I would say it would be enough but can't say for sure yet.
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread