Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 day Japan itinerary 2014/10/22 19:06
Hi guys and gals,

I will be travelling to Japan for the first time on March 29 - April 5, 2015.

Just need some advice whether my itinerary is too pack or just fine.

Day 1 - Tokyo
Day 2 - Tokyo
Day 3 - Tokyo
Day 4 - Tokyo - Hakone
Day 5 - Hakone - Osaka - Kobe
Day 6 - Osaka - Kyoto
Day 7 - Osaka

I may leave one day early from Tokyo to Hakone if there is nothing much to do and put one more day in Osaka.

Thanks for the future advice :D
by jumpcheese  

Re: 7 day Japan itinerary 2014/10/23 08:26
It depends on what you want to see. You have relatively much time in Tokyo, but almost no time allocated to Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe. If you just want to spend a couple of hours in these cities, it is fine, but if you want to see any of these cities in a little bit more detail, you won't have enough time. Especially Kyoto has enough attractions to spend multiple days. That is, if you are interested in traditional Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 7 day Japan itinerary 2014/10/23 14:24
Hi Uji,

Thank you for your advice.

Most probably I am going to spend a couple of hours in Kobe just for the sake of eating Kobe beef.

As for Day 6, I am going to spend a full day in Kyoto and back to Osaka at night. On Day 7 I will have a full day until my flight at 11PM.

By the way, I am planning to go to the following places in Kyoto. Is it doable in a single day?

Fushimi Inari Shrine
Kiyomizudera Temple
Higashiyama District
Gion
Nishiki Market
Arashiyama

Again, thank you for your future advice. :)
by jumpcheese rate this post as useful

Re: 7 day Japan itinerary 2014/10/24 10:21

Most probably I am going to spend a couple of hours in Kobe just for the sake of eating Kobe beef.

You do know you can eat Kobe beef outside of Kobe. E.g. Osaka
In fact, the last time I was in Kobe, the restaurants didn't have Kobe Beef. It was still Wagyu but still... it felt weird eating non-kobe beef in kobe. The night view is great. But the journey up and down the cable car plus the long queues might not be a good idea.

As for Day 6, I am going to spend a full day in Kyoto and back to Osaka at night. On Day 7 I will have a full day until my flight at 11PM.

Although, Kyoto has a night charm this is mostly centered about Gion/Potoncho. Spend a night around this area. Or at least an evening.

By the way, I am planning to go to the following places in Kyoto. Is it doable in a single day?

Fushimi Inari Shrine
DO AT NIGHT, THE LIGHT ILLUMINATION ADDS MYSTICAL ATTRIBUTES
Kiyomizudera Temple
DO THIS THIRD, TAKE A BUS OR A FEW TRAINS FROM ARASHIYAMA
Higashiyama District
STROLL ALONG HERE FROM KIYOMIZUDERA TO GION. WINDOW SHOPPING GALORE + MINI TEMPLES HOPPING.
Gion
WALK ABOUT AT NIGHT WHERE ACTIVITY IS AT THE PEAK. YASAKA SHRINE OR CHONOIN MIGHT BE A GOOD DETOUR. DINE IN THIS AREA.
Nishiki Market
DO THIS FIRST, AS IT OPENS EARLY
Arashiyama
DO THIS SECOND, TENRYUJI + YUDOFU/MONK FOOD +BAMBOO FOREST

I would throw in Golden Pavillion or Ryoanji. But that depends on your travel pace.

Again, thank you for your future advice. :)
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread