Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling to Tokyo and Osaka 2014/10/23 08:43
Hi there,

I will be travelling to both Tokyo and Osaka in December with my family for 14 days and will arrive in the morning at Narita and hope to go straight to Osaka first. And am planning to purchase JR pass. I would appreciate if someone could help to clarify the following.

1. Will JR pass cover the fare on NEX from Narita to Tokyo?

2. What is the best IC to purchase while in Osaka that enables us to take all the different subways? And do I purchase it in Osaka itself?

3. Will it be a problem to purchase USJ ticket on the day of visit itself?

Thank you in advance.

Warmest regards,
Sue
by Sue (guest)  

Re: Travelling to Tokyo and Osaka 2014/10/23 08:50
1. Will JR pass cover the fare on NEX from Narita to Tokyo?

Yes.

2. What is the best IC to purchase while in Osaka that enables us to take all the different subways?

If you just use it is Osaka, Icoca (purchased in Osaka), Suica or Pasmo (purchased at Narita) would all be fine. Icoca has minor advantages over Suica and Pasmo if you use non-JR transportation in Nara, Himeji, Okayama or Hiroshima or if you use the ferry to Miyajima.

3. Will it be a problem to purchase USJ ticket on the day of visit itself?

I don't think so. Except maybe on very busy days, such as weekends, national holidays and school holidays.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Tokyo and Osaka 2014/10/23 09:10
Thanks Uji for the clarification. It definitely helps. I'm planning to visit USJ on 19th Dec, hopefully it's not a busy day. Can I also use the same Suica in Tokyo? Thanks.
by Sue (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread